Voices | Teen Ink

Voices

By kjlkelsey SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
kjlkelsey SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

My family was blessed with an incredible ability to sing. Blessed with handsome and charming voices great at carrying a tune. My mom grew up swaying and singing in the choir at her church. My dad lead music. Standing tall and waving his hand from behind the pulpit to keep the crowd on tempo. As for the children in my family, my brothers and I were not as gifted in this area. We may be able to hold a tune, but our voices are not as pure and sweet as the the rest of my families.

My older sister, by far has the most beautiful voice of us all. When she opens her mouth to sing, the room goes silent and people stop to stare. Her voice is sweet like a flower filled meadow. Her voice is strong like a tree thats rooted firmly in the soil. When she sings, it is a beautiful flowing melody, like water rushing smoothly through a stream. Her voice can captivate. Make the listener get lost in another world, feeling the emotion of a song. Many envy her ability, but I just sit in awe of the talent she possesses. Her breathtaking voice beckoning others to stop and listen.