The Last Sunset... | Teen Ink

The Last Sunset...

By redinkdesigner SILVER, Yuma, Arizona
redinkdesigner SILVER, Yuma, Arizona

When writing the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen.

I stare outside of my humble home towards the sunset. It's unique, I will never see it again. I debate if I shall take a picture of it or not, but it won't be as satisfying as it is in real life. The sunset is loyal and smiles back at you even when your day is gloom. I look down at an ant hill as I see the last ant dashing to its colony. The sunset falls quickly where the sky is no longer a pink. Why am I to realize how grateful I am now? No one else stares outside and watches the sunset. I guess you only care when it's gone. And even then will the whole world pitty? My heart gets stiff and tears begin to flow. What is this ungrateful generation. A world with rumble, murder, and unessarcary judgment. We used to be happy by seeing a person, now everyone is happy to see green. And if we love green so much,why do we tear it down? If everyone likes the color blue or likes to smell the fresh air in the morning, why do we have cars and tall buildings? If people want to know the truth, why do they lie? If we were born as our natural self, why does society make women wear makeup? People don't want to know the truth. They just want what's best. Before I know it the sunset fades and now I sit in the dark...

Kmthomas said...
Good job Kylie!