Walleye Fishing: My Dream Job | Teen Ink

Walleye Fishing: My Dream Job

February 9, 2016
By Samthegreat BRONZE, New Prague, Minnesota
Samthegreat BRONZE, New Prague, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

George Lucas once said, "Dreams are extremely important. You can't do it unless you imagine it" (Sturk). Imagine that you could be able to do something that you love and also be able to make a living doing it. I think that is what a dream job is to me. I think that my dream job would be to be a professional walleye fisherman. I think that it would be fun to be able to go out onto the lake everyday and fish for walleyes. I think that it would be fun to be able to catch monster fish and make money doing it. I love to be out on the water or on the ice fishing for walleyes. My dream job is to be a professional walleye fisherman because I like fishing for walleyes, it would be a challenge, and I can make money doing it.


I would like to be a walleye fisherman because I like fishing walleyes. One time when I was younger I caught a 25 inch walleye while I was ice fishing. This was incredibly fun for me. I really enjoyed it because the fish was so big and it put up a huge fight while I was reeling it in. The fish would keep on pulling the line out of my spool. This fish got my heart racing and my adrenalin pumping. Everyone in my family was really stoked to watch me reel it up. I also like fishing walleyes because it allows you to be able to spend time with your family and your friends. It is really nice to be able to go out onto the lake with my friends and have a good time. I also go up north with my family and that is nice to be able to spend time with them. Fishing is one of the best ways to bond with your family and friends. I also have learned many things from my family while I was fishing. We also have a competition between everyone to see who can catch the biggest fish.


I would also want to be a professional walleye fisherman because it would a challenging job to have. When you are walleye fishing you have to know where to look for the fish. You just can not go to any random spot on a lake and start fishing. You have to know what depth to go to to start fishing. You have to know what is under the water. You have to know what kind of terrain it is under the water. You also have to have a way to be able to get to the walleye spot that you are going to be fishing at. Walleyes are also challenging to catch because they are a very picky fish. You have to have the right bait on to catch them. You also have to have the right lure on to catch walleyes. Most days they will bite on different lures and bait on different days. You also have to be able to buy all of these different lures and bait to be able to walleye fish.


Finally I want to be a walleye fisherman because you can make a decent living doing this. You have be able to get sponsors to be able to make most of your money doing this. These sponsors will even buy your boat and ice fishing house to catch the walleyes. They will even buy you all of your bait and tackle to fish. The excess money that the sponsors give you for those supplies you get to keep that money for yourself. You can also get money from the tournaments that fish in. These tournaments will usually give out cash prizes for the participants. The money amount that you get depends on the place that you come in. When you start getting in better places in the tournaments the more sponsors you will get. Some of the other ways that someone could make money in the profession is by doing guiding trips. I could do this when I am not in a tournament. I could also do it during the off season. There are a lot of people that take guided trips up north. I also think that my business as a guide would be very successful, because people would see that I am a professional walleye fisherman.  


I would like to be a professional fisherman. You can make a lot of money doing this. It is challenging to fish walleyes. I really like fishing walleyes. I think that it is very important to be able to have a dream job be what you do for the rest of your life.

 

Work Cited
Struyk, Tara. "8 Quotes to Inspire Your Dream Career." Wise Bread. Wisebread, 2016. Web. 27 Jan.     g           2016