Definition of Love | Teen Ink

Definition of Love

By Asheley27 BRONZE, Hemet, California
Asheley27 BRONZE, Hemet, California

Love. Love is an unrealistic term. Love is not real. Love is just another word used by people who don’t understand life. Love has been tainted by these people. Nobody knows what love is, or what love signifies. Love is not infatuation. Love is not lust. Love is not “like”. Love is something beyond our comprehension. Nowadays, people look for love in fairy tales. Love is not a fairy tale. Prince charming is not real. It is nearly impossible for true love to come from a fairy tale situation. Nobody can fall in love in a split second. All of the good things in life take time. Love is not just a good thing in life, it is a blessing. So many teenage girls have unrealistic expectations for true love. Every girl waits for her Prince Charming even though they know he is not coming. Nobody in this world realizes what love really is. Nobody realizes that true love is right in front of their faces. All they have to do is open their eyes and realize that the one true love in this world is right there. Just look up, and there she is. That’s right. The one person in this world who has been there for your entire life. The one person who will always be there. The one person who loves you more than you love them. She is the one true love you will ever have. She is the one who waited by your side when you were sick. She is the one who helped you with your homework when it seemed nearly impossible to accomplish. She is the one women in this world who deserves more than anything that you can give her. She knows that her masterpiece will not go unappreciated. She knows that one day, you will snap out of your selfish cyclone. All she can do is wait. Love your mother. She is not immortal. One day, she will not be there, and when that day comes, do not be the one who waits too long. Do not wait until it is too late. Love her. Love is caring. Love is hope. Love is a friend. Love is and always will be there whenever you may need it. Love is your mother. Don’t wait. I thank God every day for the mother I have. She is perfect for me. I can only hope that you can be so lucky.

I love you Mommy! Happy Birthday!