Time Will Leave a Mark on You | Teen Ink

Time Will Leave a Mark on You

By Chynoa BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
Chynoa BRONZE, Portland, Oregon
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Graduation day, was in a way, the worst day of my life. It was full of laughter, smiles, and tears, and deep down we were all wondering if we would ever come across people like this ever again in our lives. I've known these people amazing people for 8-10 years and now I have to leave. But at the same time, I am great full the universe even gave me something that is so hard to walk away from. I don't think you can recreate memories without people like that. The most cherished memory that I hold is when we were on our 8th grade trip and on the last day everyone began to sob. We laid under the stars and held each other hand in hand, and It sounds like the most unrealistic scene but I was lucky enough that it happened. The photos of that trip drop a heavy weight into the pit of my stomach, because while most photos frame a happy moment, looking at them in the future is a sad struggle. The 8th grade promotion slideshow makes you realize how much everyone has grown. Looking at every ones childhood photos makes me realize that the people in them are older. Some people are gone. Childhood friends whose faces are pixilated, forgotten. The seconds the photos capture cannot be relived. I know. It's sentimental. And yes, time passes as the shutter clicks. And that is the tragedy. But memories of loss are better than no memories at all. Because memories, even the sad ones, are a bridge to minutes, seconds and hours of our lives. We have a different hairstyle now, our waists are thicker and time has scribbled wrinkles on our skin. Old photos are our history. It's who we are. And I will always miss you.