Hours Before New Year's Day | Teen Ink

Hours Before New Year's Day

December 7, 2015
By Oldinep GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Oldinep GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
17 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The only hours were are waiting for. The hours that wait for us to celebrate. Hours before New Year's Day that makes me smile. Hours to realize what is most important to you. Hours to fix the problems in the past. The only hours that make me not want to breathe. The only hours that matter to me.


The secret to enjoy these last hours, send ferocious forgiveness to people who hurt you in the past. The past hits you like a tide wave. Then forgiveness swallows you like quick sand. Neve Don’t hold a grudge, quit your angry and make goals. Goals for what you want to accomplish on New Year’s Day in the New Year. Hours to create a list of things to accomplish before New Years. This is how the New years stay alive.


The list, well a kiss at midnight wouldn't hurt, or maybe reinvent yourself. Change your hair, change your clothes, change your life. Be the person you want to be on New Year’s Day. Or at least try to change into the person you want to be in the New Years. I only got hours to be my original, old self. Keep, keep, keep the same old self they say, but something's change is good.


I see the ball prepare to drop.  People ready to cheer their lungs out. Hours before I get a second chance even when I don’t deserve it. Hours before I can breathe again. Hours to live for now. Hours to have fun. I only got have hours before New Year’s Day to the same, old more mistakes before I make new ones. Hours before New Year’s Day to get up and sing and a reason to just be me. 


The author's comments:

This could be about anyone or anything. I hope you like it.