Actions Speak Louder Than Words | Teen Ink

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

October 6, 2015
By Mallorie13 BRONZE, Elgin, Texas
Mallorie13 BRONZE, Elgin, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

All of the sudden he was so furious he swung at me. He did not hit me, but he attempted to. As I packed my bags to leave he said, "I am so sorry it will never happen again" about a dozen times, but I was not going to keep pushing through every time those days were over. Actions do speak louder than words, we might be able to make up later in life, but for now I am leaving. "You characterize people by their actions and you will never be fooled by their words." -Anonymous

After I left, he called and texted about a million times, it was so overwhelming. He kept asking, when would he be able to see me again and overused the words "I am sorry." I never texted back. He stopped texting and calling after a few months went past. I figured he had just said those words to try to get me to get me to return. He never took action in the words he uttered behind the bright telephone screen.

Then, one morning while I went ordered my daily morning coffee the cashier said, "one gentleman already purchased your coffee" before I could even get the words out of my mouth. I turned and there he was. We had coffee that morning and just became comrades again, but I told him this was a start. I also told him I was doing more than swell now and it was not going to be easy to forgive him.

In conclusion, he took action in the words he said months ago that he wanted to see me again and he did. It showed that he still cared. This is why actions speak louder than words he proved he wanted to see me again by making the effort into his actions. You are what you do, not what you say you will do.