City Record | Teen Ink

City Record

June 4, 2015
By Riley326 BRONZE, San Diego, California
Riley326 BRONZE, San Diego, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Today was the start of fantastic day and I had no clue what was to come. It started off with me forcefully waking myself up to get ready to go to school. I strutted up and walked myself into the shower where i turned the knob to get the water flowing. After that and getting dressed I made my way downstairs to eat breakfast and head out to school. For once I made it from Clairemont to Coronado with no traffic so I knew it was the start of a good day. Once I got myself into my seat in Ms.Lago’s class I just got into learning mode and shut down until school was over. I somehow made it through my classes and now it was the start of something good to come around. Today was Cities for swimming and not knowing I was about to get a new PR (personal record). First we had to warm up and jump into the pool. My first event was the 200 medley and me not caring so much about it just wanted to get a good swim out of it. Once it was over it was time for the 50 free which was the event I was waiting for and yearning to get a good record. I was seated second in the 50 and a kid from bishops was faster than me. He made me determined to go faster and try and beat him because I’m not losing to no Bishop kid. Heat 4 was just called and then we made our way on the block and waited for the beep. Standing there anxiously waiting to go making my fingers gringe while gripping the rough edge like barrier of the block. Then suddenly the beep goes and we lung into the water forcefully butterfly kicking until breaking on to the surface. Not knowing what place I was in I swam as fast as I could used all my power to get to the other side and back as fast as I could. Seeing the finish coming back I used all my will to power through and hit the wall. Once I reached it, I immediately looked up and saw that I went a 21.37 which was a new City record!!! I was astonished and super happy that I beat not knowing that I was even close to breaking it.