Double Trouble | Teen Ink

Double Trouble

By Logan Tijerina GOLD, Defiance, Ohio
Logan Tijerina GOLD, Defiance, Ohio

Being a twin is an amazing experience that I’m so lucky to have, but it can also be challenging.  One of the things I love about being a twin is that no matter where you go or what you’re going through, you always have your twin as your constant.  Whether it was my first day of school or a basketball camp at an unfamiliar place, I never had to worry because I had my best friend by my side.  We spend so much time together that our thoughts and actions are usually very similar.  Even though this is true, our personalities couldn’t be any more different.  I’m usually shy and insecure, and she’s outgoing and confident.  Even though we’re two very different people, I’m thankful to have a friend that understands me so well.  There are also many challenges being a twin.  One of the hardest things about being a twin is always being compared.  One of us is always “the athletic one”, “the smarter one”, and sometimes even “the prettier one”.  It’s hard being compared all the time because we have our own strengths and weaknesses and shouldn’t have to live to each other.  Another challenging thing about being a twin is always being with each other, sharing everything.  I love spending time with her, but when you spend every second of your whole life together, we can get tired and annoyed of each other.  I think this is why we fight often.  We always know how to push each other’s buttons because we know each other so well.  We also have to share a lot of things, whether it’s pictures for sports, clothes, or birthday parties.  When it all comes down to it, even though it can be hard, I’m so greatful to be able to travel through hardships in my life with my best friend.  No matter how much we fight, we love each other more than anyone else and I wish everyone could be as lucky as I am to have a twin.