This I Believe | Teen Ink

This I Believe

By GuardLife BRONZE, Papillion, Nebraska
GuardLife BRONZE, Papillion, Nebraska

I believe my cat is plotting to kill me. I was sitting on my bed with my fresh new belly button piercing from the day before and my cat sat on my stomach. She was in a perfect spot to where she was not touching it so I let her sit there while I pet her and did my homework. All of a sudden she stretched and whacked the piercing. I yelped out in pain and when I moved her away she tried sitting on my stomach again. She was plotting to kill me. I could have sworn that the gleam in her eye told me just that. She stayed in my bed for half an hour leaning against my leg, face pointed towards me, so she could see everything I was doing. She inched closer to my open stomach and placed her front paws and head down on my arm staring at the piercing as it moved up and down with my breathing. She looked up at me, almost nervous and like she was about to do something she knew was wrong. She slowly began to inch onto my stomach again so I stopped my homework and pushed her off.

The process of pushing her off of me as she tried climbing onto my stomach happened about five times. I was getting frustrated with her around my tender stomach and she was getting braver with each attempt. About a half hour passed and she tried for the sixth time. She climbed onto my chest, not close enough to my piercing so I mistakenly ignored her and let her stay there since she wasn’t bothering anything. We laid together for about 15 minutes of uninterrupted typing and before I could stop the darned cat, she took one look at the ball on my stomach and whacked it once more. Her second successful attempt to hurting me severely in one night. I truly believed she was trying to kill me. She stopped touching my stomach as I let out a scream and you could see the terror in her face. She knew she wasn’t supposed to do that. I picked her up and set her on the floor the best I could. Her big eyes looked over the edge of the bed at me apologetically but I could see the fakeness in her behind the worried face and ignored her. My cat was trying to make me weak so she could plot my death. I wasn’t going to allow her to do it. She has won many battles in the past and even some that night, but I was going to put an end to her plotting. My cat is plotting to kill me. This I believe.