It's Time | Teen Ink

It's Time

March 1, 2015
By messenger116 SILVER, Hemet, California
messenger116 SILVER, Hemet, California
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
The road less traveled is hard to walk.


I won't lie.  Life has been relatively easy for me.  I've rarely been challenged enough as to where I felt the need to push myself to my fullest potential, especially for an extended period of time.  Not anymore.  Not since she entered my life.  Not since I met her.  Some have described this person as being a carbon copy of me, only female.  Ironic.  Taking this as true basically means that the person competing with me, is me.  Just yesterday I felt the pressure again.  Until now, I could do less and end up with more than people who work harder.  Yesterday's development has not left me feeling proud of myself.  Quite the opposite.  Doing just enough to get by and falling back on natural talent and ability isn't enough anymore.  The "other me" has just as much ability and she works hard to get what she wants.  I haven't.  And now I'm here, filled with self disappointment because I know I could have done more, and that I didn't.  There's a part of me that says,"It doesn't matter.  Be lazy.  You can still do just as well as you have in the past." But there's another part of me, one I don't know very well, that says,"Fight.  Compete.  Push yourself.  DO BETTER."  Its just a whisper, but its one message I'm getting loud and clear.  Its time to push myself and my boundaries; time to learn what I am truly capable of...