A Meeting with Kailash Satyarthi | Teen Ink

A Meeting with Kailash Satyarthi

By VartikaSingh GOLD, Ghaziabad, Other
VartikaSingh GOLD, Ghaziabad, Other

One who make success without any trouble is victory, but one who make a success with lots of trouble is History.

Kailash Satyarthi (born on 11 January 1954) is an Indian children's rights advocate and an activist against child labour. He founded the Bachpan Bachao Andolan (lit. Save the Childhood Movement) in 1980 and has acted to protect the rights of more than 83,000 children from 144 countries. It is largely because of Satyarthi's work and activism that the International Labour Organization adopted Convention No. 182 on the worst forms of child labour, which is now a principal guideline for governments around the world.
His work is recognized through various national and international honours and awards including the Nobel Peace Prize of 2014, which he shared with Malala Yousafzai.
Satyarthi Ji is honoured with many awards some of them are :
Elected Ashoka Fellow( US) -1993
Golden Flag Award(Netherland)-1998
Freedom award-2006
Defends of Democracy Award-2009

Though he is a honoured by many awards yet he is the simplest person I've ever met. I was there to present him my book but I dithered when I stood before him. But he blessed me, praised me and encouraged me. He did treat me the same way as a father would tackle his scared child, or a teacher would love a new student. He is most confident, humorous and extrovert person .The speech given by him was the most eloquent speech I've ever heard or could expect to hear in near future. His main focus was on children, Youths and welfare of world. He told us that when he was being awarded with the Noble Prize he said a line which was quite gallantly said, "India is a country with 100 problem but a country with one billion solutions". His venture in 144 countries made him experience a lot which he always share with people all around the world. He want  youths to come out of their confined love life and bring light to whole nation. According to him girls are true leaders of today and tomorrow's world who can bring world to enlightment. He is indeed the most enlighted soul I've ever met with great talent and potential. After meeting him I was in full feeling of euphoria. And I express my feelings in form of poem that I compose for him:-

You are truly a God in human face,
You can tackle all your problems with an easy ace.

When I think of you, I forgot about my dismay,
You are symbol of peace that will cherish everyday.

You are father of all those children,
Who stretch their hands to be comforted in someone's lap and bewildering  
Why no one is coming to their aid,
What wrong have they done at such a small age.

I pray, that world soon get more people like you, so that happiness can survive,
Because you will always remain as a source of inspiration for other lives.

It was a life Changing meeting!