Just a Normal Supernatural Experience | Teen Ink

Just a Normal Supernatural Experience

January 27, 2015
By YamiMouto GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
YamiMouto GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
11 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I use this site called Tumblr where you basically make your own blog about whatever you want. After I made one, I kept seeing pictures and little one liners from this show I had never seen. I thought ‘This show can’t be that stupid.’ Turns out it actually is but is also an emotional rollercoaster through the whole series. My favorite show of all time is Supernatural. Ahead will be about the storyline, their funny one liners, and what I learned from this show.

I think the storyline is great (Most of the time). I mean it’s about killing demons and other creatures and saving the world. Who wouldn’t like that? And it’s not really a spoiler that the main characters, Sam and Dean, die countless times and come back. A faster summary of the show would be ‘Two brothers, driving in an impala with a crap ton of pie’ Each episode is something new; they’re hunting a new monster, in a new state but each episode is connected in some way. They could be episodes from the season before. The music is great too. With their theme song Carry on my Wayward Son and all the songs for each episode like Heat of the Moment and Renegade it’s hard not to like Dean’s cassette tapes when they have those songs on them. Enough with the storyline and music, it’s time to talk about their crazy stupid one liners.

The first quote that everyone knows is from the very first episode. Sam is complaining about Dean’s choice of music and that they are still on cassette tapes. Dean turns and says “Driver picks the music and shotgun shuts his cakehole”. I try to keep my dad away from that line so I can choose the music. Another one that everyone knows is where Dean and Sam show their brotherly love. Dean starts it by calling Sam a “B****” and Sam retorts with a “Jerk”. Only true best friends copy the their love. The final one I’ll share with you is where Castiel (their angel), saves them from Lucifer by getting his attention with a “Hey a**butt!!” and throws a molotov at him. Enough with the funny business I’ll tell you how this show can also teach you some things.

From this show I’ve learned a few good things, and I’ll share three of those. The first thing I learned was how to smite a demon. Who knows, maybe they are real. I also learned how to speak some Latin. I can recite a whole exorcism and most of a ghost resurrection. The last thing I learned, which is probably the most important to me, is that family will always be there for me. No matter how many times Sam and Dean scream at each other that they hate the other, or how many times Sam runs away, they always pull through and come together. Their bond keeps them together and alive. It is now time to wrap this thing up.

I talked about their amazing storyline, their funny, stupid quotes and what I learned from this show. My favorite show, that nothing will beat, is Supernatural. I’m not as far as I’d like to be in this show, but I will finish it. I hope the show never ends but everything good must come to an end. I hope if you didn’t want to watch it before you want to watch it now. But be warned, it’s not all fun and games when the monsters come and play.


The author's comments:

School essay I actually had fun writing. I LOVE this show and hope this will push others to watch it