Pine Lake | Teen Ink

Pine Lake

By DrewR GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
DrewR GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

Ninety-one pristine lakes, waves rippling, reflect the setting sunlight onto the wooded shore. Out of all of them, Pine Lake is the one I know best. The water is transparent as glass, and I am able to watch the fish swim amongst the weeds waving with the tide going in and out.
There’s a single island in the middle with the American Flag standing tall. And staying true to its name, the shores of the lakes lined with dark green pines, tips touching the sky casting their jagged shadow across the lake.
I’m behind the boat, getting whipped across the water on the tiny tube. My dad pulls me across the wakes of other boats. Pounding against the waves, my arms feel like Jello. The only break they get is when I try standing up on the tube on the east side of the island where there is no wind.
Afterward, we anchor the boat and swim as the setting sun turns the water a bright bright orange. When the sun finally falls under the tips of the trees, it’s a race to get back to the shore and get the boat out of the water. Sitting around would mean getting bombarded by mosquitos. My day at one of Waukesha County’s 91 pristine lakes, waves rippling, has come to an end yet again.