One Fleeting Change | Teen Ink

One Fleeting Change

By Edelweiss56 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Edelweiss56 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Live, Laugh, Love

It is the one mystery I ponder. I am not the only one to seek its wonder. One fleeting chance with dramatic twists and the promise of varying futures. One that controls one and all. One that promises bliss or fall. In our minds, we all fear, while Anxiety takes control and waits for our failure.

The weight is immeasurable. It sends boundless hope to the roots of young hearts. We hope success and we fear failure but it holds our souls captive in its promise and drags us deep into its captivating morals, never to release. Yet this is what we want.

Let one search his whole life long, the impossibility of one in 7 million, a hopeless cause that few achieve. Hope, hope, hope is what we embrace. It wavers.

When all hope is lost and the searcher stops searching, and a feeling of loss for the one unknown overwhelms me, then is when my chance arises. When all is lost I look to this mystery of lives. One chance to be taken or to be left in a moment. One who took away and gave me my hope for life. One whose message is to love and be loved.