Boarding School In Wajeer | Teen Ink

Boarding School In Wajeer

December 11, 2014
By Abdi19971 SILVER, Hubbard, Oregon
Abdi19971 SILVER, Hubbard, Oregon
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

When was the last time you lied to someone? Why do people lie in the first place? Well, sometimes we lie for many reasons, and degrees amount of success. It may be discovered or remain undiscovered. You may also hear people say lying is wrong, but when it comes avoiding trouble, we find ourselves doing it anyway. Sometimes you will get away, or sometimes not.
It was a Saturday morning. I was sleeping when I soundly felt like my room was moving left to right. "Kreek kreek kreek..bang bang.. knockknock..Open the freaking door." somebody yelled from outside. At first I though it was my little sister, so I didn’t bother to open it. Minuets latter, after I couldn’t stand what sounded like a thunder, I curled into my knees, headed to the door, and opened it. Jees, it's my dad standing there with a hammer, making a mad dog face, breathing like he ran a marathon, and roaring like lion. He was mad that I didn’t open the door from him. "School is staring Monday.” he said. He is the type of guy who gets mad easy. “It’s Saturday.” I reply and walked away knowing I had one more week before for school.
That day came quick. “Bye mom, bye dad “, I said to them waving. Luckily I didn't have to listen to their lectures that day. Minutes later after walking through the scary bushes, I reached the road where the bus stop was located at. It’s not a regular bus stop where you could sit. It just an old Statue and people started riding the bus from there. Is going to be great day I thought to myself. Amir, and some other friends were already there at the bus stop. Amir is a good story teller, and although ninety percent of his stores are not true, people still respect him for the fact that he entertains them. I greeted all of them, and then looked at Amir. “Oh someone has to ask me about my summer" Amir said with an excited voice. He licked his bottom lip, then cleared his throat. “Akh( brother) I went to New York”. He kept on going. Everyone then laughs, not because it was funny but Amir said it. “I ate the Statue of Liberty” he added. At the time I didn't knew what the statue of liberty was, but I just knew that Amir was lying, and I was witnessing a lie. Everyone in the bus stop was going to the city of Wajir. Most of the people are from the villages, some it’s their first time riding a car, and some have never seen a city before. I also share my summer. I told them that I went to Uganda with my dad, and since everyone was lying. I did too, I had never been in Uganda. "Beep Beep" The bus finally came, and we all rushed to get in.
   I spent four days at the boarding school with nothing to do. It was finally the first day of school. There are bordering schools and private schools in the city. The boarding school I went to is for the poor. The school was so big that we had to spilt up. Some students study at night and the lucky ones, including me, studied during the day. We all went to the soccer field after getting up in the morning to listen the principle’s speech. It’s always the same speech. “If you leave the campus without permission, you will be expelled the rest of the year”. I leaned over to Abdi and asked what the principle’s name was again? Mr. Jay, he said with laughter. “Let’s go Jay, let’s go Jay”, I yelled. One of his rules was you were not supposed to speak the entire time, but I thought it would be funny. He then make an angry face and said “Get out of here you stupid creature,” he called me again. Everyone laughed even the teachers, but not because he called me stupid, but his speech, and the way the principle talks is funny. To make the story shorter Mr. Jay met me at his little office I blamed everything on my friend, but I couldn’t convince him that Abdu did it. “You know who changed your speech last year, it was Abdi”. Mr. Jay’s madness grew when I said this about the speech last year. He started walking around me, and he took me outside to water the trees even though it was raining. After I finished watering the trees he gives me to weeks of referrals. At that moment I felt I could have done better than that, but it was too late.
In the end, I went home thinking about what I would say to my parents. I was worrying at first, but since my parents didn’t know anything about school, it was easy to lie to them and get away with it. When I arrived home the following day, my dad noticed me at first. “Why are you back? This was the first thing that came out in his month while he was in the field. “I was too good. That the teacher told me I can take two weeks off”, I replied, avoiding conversation with him. “That my son”, he said with a proud tone. “He is not like me,” he added. “Well now you can help me with the cows son.” I’m glad I got away with it. The punishment did not fit the crime.