My Life Changing Event | Teen Ink

My Life Changing Event

December 11, 2014
By Anonymous

      Something critical that has happened to me, in my life, and changed me is moving to Maine. Moving to Maine helped my family and I get away from my father who was mistreating us and not caring for us every day. The day I was born, I knew something about my father scared me and still does. When my parents divorced, we had to live separately and switched weeks to live with each every week. It was a very hard time for my family because of my father. He never really showed love for any of us, and I knew because I never felt love from him. Even now, living in Maine, we still have problems from my father for not paying child support and taking everything to court. Know my mom has to pay money to stop him from taking us back to Maui. Now I am afraid that if we get a Court order to say that if we do go to Maui, our father will have to send up back to Maine. He will bribe the kids with toys, money, movies, and games so that they will stay with him on Maui, and my mother will have to pay child support and not my father. My mom has been having a hard time with money to pay for bills and taking care of us, because she does not have the money and can’t find a job. With my father not sending child support money for us, my mom has to spend our savings that she saved for us when we were in Maui. It is hard for my family and me, but I promised my mom that I will get a great job so that I can help her the way she helped me.


The author's comments:

This was a homework assignment given by my English teacher.