Biracial Pains | Teen Ink

Biracial Pains

By michela_bowie BRONZE, Hampton, Virginia
michela_bowie BRONZE, Hampton, Virginia

From the moment I was conceived nothing more then problems began. Half white half black no side wanted me nor needed me. Only gaining love from my parents I had to learn to love myself for me. The first biracial in the family is not an easy job. There's times were you judged by your other side. You can't just be one thing your forever two. You can never have one group of friend you have two. You will never be fully accepted in one place or another. You're always either too black or too white. I never understood how people could be evil to the thought of a revolution of change. I mean I've always bleed the same. I can read. I can write. I go to church and school. Was I ever really any different? No, but yet they always said I was. In school i learned about slavery starting in 1609 and i thought to myself... is this the reason for my pain. The true reason why I was never was accepted? No one prepared me for this i had to find out the truth , the hard truth. Racism was still very much alive. In my family, in school, and even yet at home. Sad to say but very much true. Over my short 16 years of learning I've learned much things from what I've been through. I've learned no one will be there for you like you will, you have to out smart the smartest person in the room, take a big breath before every challenge, and love those who don't have the heart to love.

Well I was born to a family with two different outlooks in life and this just gives the reader a slim glimpse look into my world.