A Dancer to a Musician | Teen Ink

A Dancer to a Musician

November 26, 2014
By Musicisthesoul SILVER, Hemet, California
Musicisthesoul SILVER, Hemet, California
8 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Greater is he that is within me,then he who is in the world"


Ballerina, most thought I would be when I grew up. The lights ,dresses, sparkles everywhere and music. Yes made it seem like a fairy tale,what little girl doesn't like that. I loved the thought of performing with my class they were all very sweet and nice girls.      Our ballet instructor would always wear her pink ballet shoes with her black leg covers and her black leotard and black leggings, usually her high bun or a high pony. We had to wear our pink slippers with our black leotard and tights with a pink tutu and ALWAYS had to have a bun.   


I enjoyed ballet always have. Until I found out about music. In kinder we didn't know about the band or about music we never even heard about it. Until the second grade when they announced the district was hosting  a music fair that night. My mom and I went to it ,I was really excited. There were all kinds of people and tables set all around the room, it was not  that bright in the room. Each table was for each different instrument and it's instructor I saw the flutes and went to that table. We talked to a lady there, then my mom signed the agreement papers and registered to pay from debit card monthly.  The next thing I knew she gave me my brand new flute! I was more then thrilled she also informed me that starting the next school year Mr.Jones would be my instructor. The minute I got home I  opened the case. It gleamed in the light, a shiny metallic silver that has never been played. It was my very own that I would actually own own in three years. Still mine . I put it back into the case as I didn't know how to play yet, the only thing I ever played was the recorder.           

 

When we finally met Mr. Jones he was the nicest, sweetest man I have ever met. The first lesson was not good I couldn't get a sound ,by the second lesson I finally did. It took a while tho. After that I stayed in dance for another year,then I got out. When I reached 6th grade I was in a actual big band,and marching band it was the most exciting and fun experience I have ever been through. In the 7th grade I took violin lessons and then in 9th the Bari sax and I really enjoyed them.           

 

I had a few friends that were in band and grew bored of it or some who's parents made them. I just did it because I really enjoy it. I'm looking forward to learn more of the instruments. I honestly do not know what I would do without music and the band, it's a trick question I wouldn't be able to .         Most of my friends say they can not live either without track, running ,tennis or dance. For me it's music, it's the reason I left dance. I turned in my ballet shoes for my flute and I'm glad I did. Yes like I said I do enjoy dance and it's fun, but not nearly as much as I love music.       You make emotions when you play, either happy or sad ones. You make people feel. You give the illusion of effortless music. It's what keeps the world going.


The author's comments:

I am a musician now  but I wasn't always. I thought I liked one thing when I actually really loved another.You have to go through some different things some times, to find what you are really good at and enjoy.  And  Through faith eny thing is possible!