My Life Story | Teen Ink

My Life Story

By ThomasWestfall GOLD, Newell, Iowa
ThomasWestfall GOLD, Newell, Iowa

Be The Change You Wish To See In The World
~Mahatma Gandhi

Every time I take a test, boy do I pray. I have trouble studying, I try to listen. If you listen to God, he’ll listen to you. Trust in him, but don’t put him to the test.

Like David, you can overcome any obstacle. David grabbed his sling and hit Goliath in one shot. Others didn’t believe what they were seeing. But, if you trust in God, he will give you the strength to do anything you set your mind to.

I’ve been stuck on one obstacle the last 6 months… That obstacle was anger. I made bad decisions. I messed my life up. I trusted in God and now I’m back at home, and I don’t hurt the ones I’d die for anymore. I went through a childhood most kid’s can’t stand. My mother’s first marriage was to an abusive drunk. She finally gained enough courage to kick him out. I’m proud of what my mom did. My biological father (not the abusive drunk) used to get me every other week, but then, one day (September 6th, 2006) he didn’t pick me up, and I never saw him since.

My mom married again to a guy whom I thought was pretty cool, and he was, and still is. About two years ago, in 8th grade, he adopted me as his own flesh and blood. The Christmas before, I didn’t know I was to get adopted. He got me a dogtag and a necklace… On this dogtag said his last name on it, and I knew what this meant, Adoption. I was so happy.

Then when I started Freshman year, after about two months, I was way behind on my homework. I flipped out over the little things. One day it got real bad and I busted a hole in a wall. My parents called the cops, I was taken away. I went to a placement in Des Moines, and I was there for 5 months. I got out 1 week before the time I wrote this article. I am way better, I have more friends who care. I go to football games, I hang with my friends. And, I stay caught up on my schoolwork… I may be on probation, but, I will be off in 1 year, tops…

Thanks for listening to my life story…

~Twestfall~

This is what I've wanted to let out for a long time... :)