life without basketball | Teen Ink

life without basketball

By kristian journee BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
kristian journee BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana

I woke up one morning with the intention to have a regular peaceful day.I was about to use the bathroom and as soon i stood up a shock went through my body like i was paralyzed.The surge lasted for at least two minutes,with the agganizing pain of not being able to move.As i sat there on my bed the pain went away quickly.I got up to use the bathroom and to take a tickle.I felt a little weird afterward,like bees where in my stomach flying around.I figured it was nothing and it wouldnt bother me later that day,but boy was i wrong.I put my backpack on ready for school as i head out the door i realize that i have a basketball game today.As im on the school bus im asking myself can i play in the game today.Thinking what if the pain came back during the game could it affect me eternally or well i cost us the game.When i arrived at school i went to the nurse.She told me to call my mom,as im getting mad because she not answering.I told the nurse that im going to just muscle through it.I enter first period thinking how am i goin to break it to the team that i wont be able to play in the game t and how disappointed(angry) they will be at me.The thought of letting down my team down ruins me and i feel that  this will being a big game for us.Im lost in my thought,it feel like someone is beating me in the skull with bamboo sticks as it arose me from my deep thought of dispeer i realize its just the bell.As third period shoot around faster then i expect i run into my coach in the hallway he told me am i ready for the game i lie and say that yea of course im ready.He show me that he is ready and expect to have good game.The school day goes by fast for the rest of the day anymore i avoid any conversation  with the basketball teamates.I have came to a conclusion that im going to play in the game i dont care what happens i wont let my team down.Sixth period ends quickly,but someone asked me why was i being so quiet all day and i said because i dont feel well they asked if i was still playing in the game and with uncertainly said yes.

After school i walk out of class trying to make my last deisicon on wether i wanna go or not.I tell myself that im going no matter what.I walk into the class with all the basketball team there waiting on me to make my pregame annoucement.I tell them nothing about me not feeling well,i tell them to wait on the bus.When the bus arrives we aboard it every ones talking about what there going to do,but im quiet because i have other thing on my mind so i sit in the back.We have to go to the other school to wait o. 

I woke up one morning with the intention to have a regular peaceful day.I was about to use the bathroom and as soon I stood up a shock went through my body like I was paralyzed.The surge lasted for at least two minutes,with the agonizing pain of not being able to move. As I sat there on my bed the pain went away quickly.I got up to use the bathroom and to take a tickle.I felt a little weird afterward,like bees where in my stomach flying around.I figured it was nothing and it wouldnt bother me later that day,but boy was I wrong.I put my backpack on ready for school as I head out the door I realize that i have a basketball game today.As Im on the school bus im asking myself can I play in the game today.Thinking what if the pain came back during the game could it affect me eternally or well i cost us the game.When I arrived at school I went to the nurse.She told me to call my mom,as im getting mad because she not answering.I told the nurse that im going to just muscle through it.I enter first period thinking how am I goin to break it to the team that I wont be able to play in the game t and how disappointed(angry) they will be at me.The thought of letting down my team down ruins me and i feel that  this will being a big game for us.Im lost in my thought,it feel like someone is beating me in the skull with bamboo sticks as it arose me from my deep thought of dispeer I realize its just the bell.As third period shoot around faster then I expect,I run into my coach in the hallway he told me am I ready for the game I lie and say that yea of course im ready.He show me that he is ready and expect to have good game.The school day goes by fast for the rest of the day anymore I avoid any conversation  with the basketball teamates.I have came to a conclusion that im going to play in the game I dont care what happens I wont let my team down.Sixth period ends quickly,but someone asked me why was I being so quiet all day and I said because I dont feel well they asked if I was still playing in the game and with uncertainly said yes.

After school I walk out of class trying to make my last deisicon on wether I wanna go or not.I tell myself that im going no matter what.I walk into the class with all the basketball team there waiting on me to make my pregame annoucement.I tell them nothing about me not feeling well,I tell them to wait on the bus.When the bus arrives we aboard it every ones talking about what there going to do,but im quiet because I have other thing on my mind so I sit in the back.We have to go to the other school to wait on our coach to arrive.Suddenly a shock goes through me,similiar to this morning but twice as painful,I shoot up and put my face out of the window to get some air.I get up to get off the bus for some fresh air i rushed off the bus because im afraid of what comes next.I get off the bus I walk a few feet,another shock shoot through me.Its the worst feeling I have ever felt in my life,like someone is ripping my heart out of my chest.The shock makes me dizzy and the feeling of my body losen.As i begin to drift off into the wind i hear someone say my name screaming,Im out cold.I wake up in a aumblance not a clue whats goin on.I arrive at hospital in the doctor room,he ask me a couple of question.He tell me that my dad is on the way.When my dad and coach arrives im ready to go with all my stuff ready,feeling disappointed that I missed the first game of the season. 

Thats in the past now and im glad its over,but the second time it happen I was prepared.It was a thursday morning I woke up in a  annoying tone like my body was not cooparating right,so i went to used the bathroom but as I was brushing my teeth i feel the shock wave trickle through my body I sit on the toilet for awhile after that with my phone in my hand because if i faint no one is here to save me now.I wait patiently  for the pain to weaken i go to the kitchen to drink some orange juice and i eat some waffles.The  pain to goes away letting me know i gave him what he wanted for the moment.Im ready for school i left to catch the bus forgetting to leave the door locked.I arrive at school as the bell for first period rings i go to class.Then as im doin the do now I feel funny and I fear the pain is coming back.As im right on topic the shock came but its a weak one that doesnt really affect me.I raise my hand to go to the nurse,as I leave class I get my work because I dont think im coming back.When I arrive at the nurse I explain in more details this time in what is going on with me.I tell the story of what happen last time,shes in this tense moment as in she uncomfortable on with im talking about.Spilling out her anxiety she explodes asking me do I need to go the hostipal.I explain to her why I think I shouldnt because I know I can beat it this time.I tell her that im hungry and I dont want to leave school.She gives me three energy bars to settle my stomach.When im done she ask me some simple question to make sure i can focus.Then one question she ask me stick out as in I never heard it befoe she said,”do you wanna take a nap”.The about going to sleep right never past my judgement, it was like she sat off a alarm clock of sleepiness inside of me.All of a sudden i get real sleeping,and I realize that I havent been geting that much sleep in the last couple of day.I snap back to reality realizing that I never anwered her question.I said I would like to take a  nap, worried about how she would respond because im secpious  on if I heard her correctly.She said yes revealing that what she said was not a lie.I went to the bed to take a nap,as I lay down I think about how long well I sleep.I told myself no longer then a hour,i close my and im ready for my nap.Im out like a light within seconds.

When I am awoken by the nurse she ask me if I want to sleep more I say no I’ve missed enough class.She ask me how I feel and response saying I dont feel nothing anymore as if its a new day.A smile comes across my face knowing that I wont faint this time and I beat it.She send me back to class,im excited because I feel alot better than once before.I make it through the rest of the day thinkning its goin to come back but it never does.Six period comes around I realize im okay and nothing goin to happen.School ends im ready to go because im unable to go to practice without a doctors note.Im a little disappoint I dont get to go to practice even tho im feeling great.I aboard the school bus ready to go home.When i get home i finish what I started at school.I jump in my bed ready for the my imagination to take me on a trip to wonderland.My mom arrives home I tell her what happen at school and how the nurse let me take a nap.I go back to my room ready to sleep,thinking how long my day has been.Im off in the night.r coach to arrive.Suddenly a shock goes through me,similiar to this morning but twice as painful,i shoot up and put my face out of the window to get some air.I get up to get off the bus for some fresh air i rushed off the bus because im afraid of what comes next.I get off the bus i walk a few feet,another shock shoot through me.Its the worst feeling i have ever felt in my life,like someone is ripping my heart out of my chest.The shock makes me dizzy and the feeling of my body losen.As i begin to drift off into the wind i hear someone say my name screaming,Im out cold.I wake up in a aumblance not a clue whats goin on.I arrive at hospital in the doctor room,he ask me a couple of question.He tell me that my dad is on the way.When my dad and coach arrives im ready to go with all my stuff ready,feeling disappointed that i missed the first game of the season. 

Thats in the past now and im glad its over,but the second time it happen i was prepared.It was a thursday morning i woke up in a  annoying tone like my body was not cooparating right,so i went to used the bathroom  but as i was brushing my teeth i feel the shock wave trickle through my body i sit on the toilet for awhile after that with my phone in my hand because if i faint no one is here to save me now.I wait patiently  for the pain to weaken i go to the kitchen to drink some orange juice and i eat some waffles.The  pain to goes away letting me know i gave him what he wanted for the moment.Im ready for school i left to catch the bus forgetting to leave the door locked.i arrive at school as the bell for first period rings i go to class.Then as im doin the do now i feel funny and i fear the pain is coming back.As im right on topic the shock came but its a weak one that doesnt really affect me.I raise my hand to go to the nurse,as i leave class i get my work because i dont think im coming back.When i arrive at the nurse i explain in more details this time in what is going on with me.I tell the story of what happen last time,shes in this tense moment as in she uncomfortable on with im talking about.Spilling out her anxiety she explodes asking me do i need to go the hostipal.I explain to her why i think i shouldnt because i know i can beat it this time.I tell her that im hungry and i dont want to leave school.She gives me three energy bars to settle my stomach.When im done she ask me some simple question to make sure i can focus.Then one question she ask me stick out as in i never heard it befoe she said,”do you wanna take a nap”.The about going to sleep right never past my judgement, it was like she sat off a alarm clock of sleepiness inside of me.All of a sudden i get real sleeping,and i realize that i havent been geting that much sleep in the last couple of day.I snap back to reality realizing that i never anwered her question.I said i would like to take a  nap, worried about how she would respond because im secpious  on if i heard her correctly.She said yes revealing that what she said was not a lie.I went to the bed to take a nap,as i lay down i think about how long well i sleep.I told myself no longer then a hour,i close my and im ready for my nap.Im out like a light within seconds.

When i am awoken by the nurse she ask me if i want to sleep more i say no i’ve missed enough class.She ask me how i feel and response saying i dont feel nothing anymore as if its a new day.A smile comes across my face knowing that i wont faint this time and i beat it.She send me back to class,im excited because i feel alot better than once before.I make it through the rest of the day thinkning its goin to come back but it never does.Six period comes around i realize im okay and nothing goin to happen.School ends im ready to go because im unable to go to practice without a doctors note.Im a little disappoint i dont get to go to practice even tho im feeling great.I aboard the school bus ready to go home.When i get home i finish what i started at school.I jump in my bed ready for the my imagination to take me on a trip to wonderland.My mom arrives home i tell her what happen at school and how the nurse let me take a nap.i go back to my room ready to sleep.