Worst Night Ever | Teen Ink

Worst Night Ever

By AniyahT SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
AniyahT SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

Its August 8th, 2014 its 11:30pm. Everyone is having a wonderful time. Picture you hanging out with your best friends and y’all are having the time of y’all life. Yeah it was one of those types of night. It’s getting close to your curfew and you have to head home.
Everyone is saying his or her good byes getting their last laughs in. finally its time to go. Everyone is getting in the car and I’m the one who has to drive. Let me remind y’all this is my first time driving a long distance or for a long time period. We’re leaving Six Flags New Jersey and headed to Wilmington, Delaware.
As I’m getting in the driver’s seat I’m reminding everyone they need to calm down and stop being so rowdy so that I can focus on the road. It’s now 12:30am. Before I put the car in drive I type the address into the GPS. The GPS says for me to go on 495 and stay straight, so I thought…  So I finally get onto 495 and everyone is still being rowdy I’m screaming at the top of my lungs for everyone to be quiet or at least simmer down just a tad bit.
I realize the GPS isn’t talking anymore and I’m asking for directions and no one knows where they’re going. So now I’m getting to the good part… It’s getting darker and darker I can hardly see the rode. It’s about 1:30am now. So I get off at the first exit I see basing my decision on my memory from the GPS. I made the wrong turn and I went up the wrong intersection. I’m racing down the road when I finally realize that I’m on the wrong part of the road trying to make a U-Turn All of a sudden BOOM! There’s a huge crash and I go unconscious.
All I can remember is when I was trying to push down the brake when I see the car headlights headed towards me. And that there was no way I was getting out this car alive. My life flashed before my eyes. I woke up in the hospital and I was in so much pain. I thought I broke my back. Long story short, ONLY drive when you know where you’re going!!!