A Change of Scenery | Teen Ink

A Change of Scenery

August 5, 2014
By Jasminelily95 SILVER, Jakarta, Other
Jasminelily95 SILVER, Jakarta, Other
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"She loved mysteries so much, she became one." Paper Towns by John Green


It was a gloomy day for me as I went back to the place where I once nearly mentally collapse. The office, and to be more specific, Mom's office. It was no longer than a couple of months ago where I started my dreadful internship there. Maybe was my childish self that did not appreciated other's time or the mind-corrupting thoughts of how much I hate the about the office environment at that time.

But now i'm back, a little bit more wiser and a little bit more tolerant to environment spaces that tickles my brain into exploding. It was a busy day at the building where people from different departments and from different levels scatter across the floor and hurrying into their respective place of work.

I straighten my posture and hold my breath, barging through the sea of people had never felt so uncomfortable and the long queue to the elevator did not make things any better either.

I was last to enter the elevator, making me the person that has to face the doors of the elevator and only God knows what's waiting against the other side of the door once it's opened. The air was sickening as it smelled a mixture of sweat and a perfume scent so strong it can be easily mistaken as a poison.

But I did not want to think today is going to be a bad day, despite being cramped inside an elevator with a dozen or more of people. I wanted to change the scenery. The distance between my face and the doors of the elevator were only a couple of inches away, that means I am able to see small bits of particles of the design of the mix of aluminium and metal.

As I dig more deeply to my imagination, the elevator doors reminded me a scene from Catching Fire, I could not name one in particular but it's funny how an elevator door could bring back a memory that I found happiness in. Maybe it was the futuristic designs of the door that ignited a flash of memory in my brain of a place in the Hunger G