Farthest Thing From Daddys Little Girl (3rd person) | Teen Ink

Farthest Thing From Daddys Little Girl (3rd person)

June 2, 2014
By Haley Westbrook SILVER, Ofallon, Missouri
Haley Westbrook SILVER, Ofallon, Missouri
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Farthest Thing From Daddy’s Little Girl

She has not been the same since her dad has left her life. He had cancer and had shut us out. I wish there was something I could do, but how can I help her when I can not even help myself in this situation? He was my dad too. All I can do is be there for her, like she is for me. Watching her cry and say she misses him, hurts me to see. It isnt fair to her, or to me.

I never bring it up to her, she gets upset about it easily, which she should. I mean, who wouldnt get upset about not having their dad in their life. I remember our conversation we had a week ago about him. She looked at me and said “do you think he ever thinks about us?” I looked at her and almost said who, but I knew exactly who she was talking about. I glanced at her and looked towards the TV again, and said “I don’t know, probably.” How could I answer that? I didnt know what to say.

My sister and I have been through everything together, this situation being the hardest. From seeing our parents get a divorce, to losing family members to death, to seeing our mom marry another man, theres no doubt that this was the hardest we’ve had to go through. She was daddy's little girl, and he was my best friend, and then all of a sudden he stops talking to us. A lot of people have it bad, and knowing we dont have it as bad as others, just isnt fair to anyone. Not only does it hurt us, but it hurts for our family to see how bad of an impact it has made on our lives. I believe that God puts us through things that only we can handle.