Lack of Confidence | Teen Ink

Lack of Confidence

By mouasindy BRONZE, San Jacinto, California
mouasindy BRONZE, San Jacinto, California

Did you know that more than 50% of teenagers are insecure of themselves? In our generation, many teenagers often forget how much they’re worth. They think they are worthless and that causes their self-esteem to go down. Being confident and loving yourself doesn’t always involve stress. All it takes is patience, effort, and motivation.

First, you need to believe in yourself. Make sure you’re calm and ready to go through each step, knowing you’re not going to give up. Secondly, free your mind. Let go of your past and accept the fact that everything happens for a reason. Realize that there are many other people that have it worst than you; they go through tougher situations and you’re not the only one. Also, do things that make you happy. For example, spend time with your family and friends. Doing what makes you happy often gets your mind off things you don’t want to think about. If you ever go through a difficult situation, tell yourself you can get through it, motivate yourself.

Next, know how much you’re worth. Always remember that there is no one else in the world exactly like you. At least 1 out of the 7 billion humans alive will love you, for you. Even more importantly, don’t let other peoples’ opinions and insults scare you. Those people will bully you by calling you disgusting names. At the end of the day, you should be strong enough to know that you are none of those words they say you are.

Having confidence can lead to kindness. Being kind to others is 95% a good thing but that other 5% can lead to being taken advantaged of. If you are ever taken advantaged of, step up for yourself. Don’t ever let someone think that you’re just a toy. Furthermore, figure out who care and are actually there for you. Those who care for you are the type of people you want in your life.

Last but not least, stay positive. Be thankful for what you have and enjoy life. Confidence doesn’t just make you feel good about yourself. It makes you realize that not only is life beautiful, but so are you.

Confidence is key.