Always believe | Teen Ink

Always believe

By StayyPerfectt09 BRONZE, Hartstown, Pennsylvania
StayyPerfectt09 BRONZE, Hartstown, Pennsylvania

"You know my name, not my story. You've heard what I've done, not what I've been through."

Today, my friend came over. She isn’t really allowed to hang-out with me for personal reasons, but her mom let her. At first we were working on school work, and then we decided to go on a walk. We went to the spot where I used to lay when I had a lot of depression. That spot was in the middle of the road. When I used to lie there, I would just wait for a car to come and run me over. I would just lay there for hours, but nothing would happen. I didn’t have a great childhood. My mom and dad were always in prison. My dad still is, but my mom passed away 3 years ago. I live with my grandparents. It’s okay, sometimes. I used to cut, and I went to a mental hospital for a week for the attempt of suicide. I met this guy there who made it better. When I got out, we kept in contact. We ended up dating actually. Sadly, we broke up, but he and I still keep in contact to this day which is amazing. Anyways, my friend has always been there for me. I got so upset when I found out that I couldn’t hang-out with her out of school for a while because she is a big part in my life. Tonight, I started talking about all the things I’ve done in my past, and how I feel everything is my fault because I said yes to the bad things. She told me something that made me change. She said something like this: “You are your own person. You’re an amazing person. Just think about it, you’ve saved 11 people from committing suicide. You stand up for what you believe in, even if people doubt you. You could see someone in the middle of the street that you don’t even know, getting bullied. I know you would stand up for them. You didn’t choose to have your childhood the way it was. When you get born, you don’t choose your family. You have to deal with the cards that have been dealt to you. You know who you are, and you don’t care about what other people think of you.” She went on and on, just crying and eventually, I was crying to. She sat in the middle of the road, hugging me, and made me promise something to her, my mother, and myself. She made me promise that I would never give up, and never stop believing in what I want. Tonight, my best friend and I took a vowel to be ourselves and stand up for what we believe in, and if you haven’t done that, you should too. You don’t have to be with a friend. It can be with anyone you want, or you can just be alone. You should promise the same thing we had each other promise. I want you to never stop believing in what you want. I want you to stand up for the right thing, even if you know others will judge you. If you see someone getting bullied, help them. Don’t just watch something happen to someone that you wouldn’t want to happen to you. Remember that true friends are few and far between. Hold on to them, and never let them go. I promise you, they will make you shine when all else fades away. Treat people the way you want to be treated, and never stop fighting for what you want.

ashleyarreola222 SILVER, Conneuat Lake, Pennsylvania

You Can Bring An Animal To Water But You Cant Make It Drink It....

wow! thumbs up! i  love the way you write!

Beanzoinalin GOLD, Linesville, Pennsylvania

"You! Yes you reading this. You are beautiful, talented, amazing, and simply the best at being you. NEVER FORGET THAT!"

This sounds like it should have come from a book... Not saying you copies or anything but you are an amazing writer! I can't wait to read more of your posts! You should really consider writing a autobiography I would live to read it!