Cut... | Teen Ink

Cut...

By Tori_Nicole013 BRONZE, Scottdale, Pennsylvania
Tori_Nicole013 BRONZE, Scottdale, Pennsylvania

A- Almost no one talked to me after everything that happened. It’s funny though, it opens your eyes to see the dark side of people.
B-Because this whole week was
C-Crazy. Life was never supposed to go this way.
D-Don’t people know when to stop? When to shut their mouths and sit there in silence? But of course, if there isn’t something to talk about then there’s no reason to talk at all.
E-Everything is so hard, especially because she has so much potential.
F-I finally realized what life felt like without my best friend.
G-Guys like him should have never dated someone as sweet as her; and this was partially his fault.
H-How would I explain everything? How would I tell people that she wouldn’t be here for who knows how long?
I-I wouldn’t. If people didn’t know what happened then they wouldn’t.
J-Just because of rumors. Because no one knows the truth.
K-Killing me on the inside. Making me want to break down and cry. How could life turn out this way?
L-Leaving her was hard. Seeing her in the hospital was hard yet, I stayed strong until the end. Her smile lit up the room brighter than the dim lights overhead. Her laugh was contagious. And yet, I didn’t laugh.
M-Maybe it was because I was in pain. Maybe I was in shock that she was here. Maybe it was because I couldn’t do anything about the pain people caused her.
N-Nothing could’ve made me realize that words made people feel so bad until I have to sit in the hospital and talk to her.
O-Once I understood how people felt, I felt horrible. Once I held my best friend in my arms on my way to say goodbye, I knew something needed to change.
P-People’s words are full of hurt. You don’t feel a thing when you insult someone. But it makes you feel on top of the world when you laugh at someone because you think you’re better than them.
Q-Question is: why do something so harmful? Why spew words full of hurt? Why make them lethal weapons to make someone feel lower than everyone else because of one little thing wrong?
R-Reasons we do this are unexplainable. And yet, so are reasons people commit suicide.
S-Someone like my best friend didn’t deserve everything she’s survived. And it’s a wonder she did survive.
T-Tomorrow I still won’t have my best friend back. She still won’t be here. I will listen to the drama and the rumors that are spread and attempt to decipher whether they are true or not. The only person who knows the actual truth though, is the person it’s about. Tomorrow I will walk the halls with earphones in attempting to ignore the harmful words people spit out.
U-You don’t really understand what someone is going through until you’re sitting in the hospital because you’re best friend is suicidal. Then you start to have an understanding.
V-Various people threw rumors around. Various people made dumb comments.
W-What those people didn’t know is that my best friend saw white walls and long halls. A fake mirror and locked doors. She socialized with 11 other kids. She wasn’t allowed technology, and she didn’t see the outside world. She looked out a bulletproof window. The place had abandonment written all over it. Those kids’ parents gave up hope on them for someone else to take care of them.
X-Except my best friend. Suicide was not the way she was to go. X is a spot marked on her wrist from an exceptionally sharp blade. X is a scar she’ll have for the rest of her life.
Y-Young. Too young to be given up on. Too young to go now. Too young to feel unloved.
Z-Z, the last letter in a 26 letter alphabet. 26. 15 is not when she will take her final breath. The 26th day of March is when I can finally exhale deeply and know I can finally stop crying. Finally make a difference. Finally start being strong again. Life is a string. Our world is a ball of yarn. A ball made of strands of string. The more string that you cut, the smaller the ball gets. You are a string. You never know when you’ll finally be… Cut.

Something I have been dealing with for a while. Something my best friend is going through.