Racial Harmony | Teen Ink

Racial Harmony

February 27, 2014
By ImaniSkye BRONZE, Hamilton, Ohio
ImaniSkye BRONZE, Hamilton, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never Give Up Try Try Again


In my opinion racial harmony should be followed because you never know what it could do for you and people around you it could help them , strengthen them , and enlighten them to many things .A lot of people in this world do not show racial harmony. This is a problem because not showing Racial Harmony can lead to many and big problems . Like for example the civil rights movement .
American society will be strengthened when families are dedicated to practicing Racial Harmony and tolerance towards cultural differences because it will stop , racism , build friendships & promote love .


The first way the nation will be strengthened by practicing racial harmony and tolerance toward cultural differences is by stopping racism . For example in my own life : We walked to the store and the clerk said “hey” as me and my mom walked in another black man walked in behind us . As we walked we heard the store clerk “yelling” I went up there to see what was wrong and…..she started being racist saying “I don’t want you in my store because you're black” . That had caught my attention because were black too and she let us inside the store so i definitely said something . What I said was “Umm excuse me , we are black too” . She told me to shutup i said no because thats not fair that a black man cannot walk into the store without being a problem . So she apologized as the man walked back to the eye department . He thanked us for all of our help .


A second way the nation will be strengthened by practicing these things is by building friendships .
For example in my own life : One day , well , one summer we went to Georgia because we always go every summer . We met are whole family and went to my grandfathers house . There was someone I have never seen before a 15yr old girl who was never talking to anyone but my grandfather . She talked to me once but never really about anything , though one day we went to the mall and had a lot of fun together . We went to red lobster and she surprisingly drove so she took us to the mall and we always went like 3 times a week . But then it was time for me to come back to Ohio so we had 5 weeks of summer left to spend back in Ohio until school started . We were so close she even flew down to Ohio with us until school started and it was time for her to go back to Georgia . Thats how you can build friendships just making new friends .



A third way the nation will be strengthened is by promoting love .
For example in my own life : On Valentines Day , in 2013 we always went to the nursing home to visit and tell stories and things . They never received anything on valentines day so we wanted to do something special for them that year so we threw a little party . Then when we left they thought we just left them to go home. We came back with chocolates and a bouquet of flowers for every single elder in there with the money we made coming in telling them stories . Thats how you can promote love (spread love) .

Racial Harmony and tolerance of cultural differences in american society . It is important because racial harmony can lead to more great and better things . American society will be strengthened when families are dedicated to practicing racial harmony and tolerance towards cultural differences , because it will stop racism , build friendships , and promote love .

After reading this you should accept peoples differences and , you should respect racial harmony .
Racial harmony is a term used to show a situation where people of different races with the same nationalities come together and coexist in harmony in a country. It entails being sensitive to different races' cultures, beliefs and practices in order to avoid any conflicts or misunderstandings. Above all, the promotion of racial harmony helps eliminate the scourge of poverty.


The author's comments:
Well i wanted to do a piece on racial harmony because not to many people in this world follow racial harmony so i tried to show them some examples and reasons why they should