My Chemical Romance Song Meaning | Teen Ink

My Chemical Romance Song Meaning

By KingForADay97 SILVER, Waco, Texas
KingForADay97 SILVER, Waco, Texas

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche

“The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance”
“When I was a young boy,
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band.”

I can connect with these lyrics because when my dad and mom were still married and we lived in lott, Texas, my dad actually took me to the city to see a band and this song played on the way there,“When I was a young boy. My father took me into the city. To see a marching band.”
this was the first song i’d ever heard at that age that “spoke to me” and that to this day is our song me and my dad, and I think My Chemical Romance wrote this about a girl and how she died and he still feels her around sometimes and that death is like a giant parade, made of all the people he’s ever met or known, that makes a ruckus and and is continuous and ever marching forward it’s also about how angry he is that she is gone and how it’s turned him into a social outcast and how he will, one day, join “the Black Parade” proudly and march with everyone else that’s been lost in his lifetime.

My Personal View.

Very Personal To Me.

BringMeThePiercedSiren PLATINUM, Fairfax, Virginia

"There's nothing like a sore stomach from laughing for all the right reasons."-Perks of Being a Wallflower

this is really great. i really like this.