The Haunted Hotel Room | Teen Ink

The Haunted Hotel Room

By StevenBonini BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
StevenBonini BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts

"A heart is not judged by how much You love, but by how much You are loved by others"
-The Tin Man

When I was 10 years old I went to Myrtle Beach for the first time. It was a lot of fun. I went with my Family and Relatives from Pennsylvania. From my family was My Mom Cindy, Dad Steve, Cousin Billy and Brother Michael. It was our last night there and we headed to the hotel to pack up and drive home for an 18 hour ride. We said goodbye to our relatives and made our way back.
When we arrived the elevators were down and we had to walk up 24 flights of stairs to our condo. After catching our breaths and realizing the AC was also out my Dad had to take Michael to bed and clean up before we left. My Mom packed her clothes and food etc… Billy packed up his back pack. I went to my room to pack up some games that I had brought with me. I went to the drawer that they were in and as I went to close the drawer the TV turned on full blast all by itself. The drawer was right in front of the TV and I was standing right in front of it. I bolted to living room as if there were a lion chasing me. I got there in 2 seconds tops. Billy had been their watching TV. I was so puzzled that I could barely speak.
Billy said to me, “Did the TV just turn on itself?”
My teeth were chattering wildly. Finally I got myself to speak.
I said, “Yes, yes it did.”
He said, “But we have never had it on full blast.”
I said, “No we never have.”
Mom then came into the room and said, “What’s going on?”
Billy said, “The TV just turned on by itself.”
We walked into the room together and Mom hit the power button to turn the TV off as I shivered. I got what I needed and bolted out the door. As Billy continued watching the TV in the living room the same TV turned on again. We then all scrammed to my Dad’s door. The hairs on Billy’s head and arms spiked up. My Mom was in front with me in the middle and Billy in back of us. My Mom told him what happened. She was on her tippy toes as the hair on her head flew up as well. I was shaking like a dog with no hair in the winter.
My Dad said, “GET OUT I’M TRYING TO GET MICHAEL TO BED.” He said, “There’s no ghosts” as he chuckled. He looked at Billy and laughed a little.
Billy said, “But Steve this is the second time!”
He then said, “Get out!”
Billy and Mom left.
I said, “Can I stay on your floor?”
He said, “Fine but keep it quiet, I have to get Michael to sleep.”

I said, “Okay.” I got on my knees
He said, “Get down further before he wakes up and see’s you.”
I said, “But I’m scared!”
He said, “He’s going to wake up, so leave or get down.”
At that point I decided to leave. I then sat on the coach in the Living room to watch some TV.
My Mom came out and said, “I can’t open the fridge;” “It won’t open”.
I bellowed across the room saying, “I thought it always did that.” She said, “No.”
Billy then went in and opened it. My Mom finished packing the food.
She came in and said, “I need to go out onto the patio; will you guys come with me?”
We as her manly guards trailed out with her. When we came back in, we were fully packed and decided it was time to get some shut eye before the long trip. I took a towel and lied down. That’s when the phone rang.
I got up and said, “What’s that?”
“It’s my phone,” said Billy.
He picked it up. It was my Aunt or I should say his mother. She was wondering how we were doing. Billy told what had been going on and how frightened I was. After that I told my Mom I didn’t want to go to sleep because I was too scared.
She said, “Go to sleep or you’ll be the last one to fall asleep.”
I ducked under the towel, closed my eyes and fell asleep as fast as possible. Soon I arose again. It was 5:00 A.M. I decided I would watch TV since Mom was on the Patio and Billy was still sleeping. I heard the shower running so I assumed it was my Dad. Jersey Shore was on so I watched that. That’s when the TV did the same thing the other one had done. It turned off then tuned back on and if I remember correctly the volume was turning up to. Billy then woke up.
I said, “Billy, Billy, Billy!”
He said, “What?”
“The TV turned off and on again but it was this one,” I screeched.
“It did the same thing when you were sleeping,” he said in a dull voice.
My Mom then came in from the Patio and my Dad came from his room.
“Let’s go,” My Dad roared.
He was ready to go and was well rested. My Mom got Michael and got him in his car seat because we had to carry him in that. He was only 2 years old. Billy grabbed some groceries.
Mom said, “Can you guys go make sure your light is off in your room.”
We went in and shut the light off and the light in the lamp blew.

“GASP,” I shrieked.
The light when we got there was already blown so we replaced it on the first day and the full time we had been their it worked then on the last day it blew again.
Billy said, “Alright let’s get out of here.”
I laughed and said, “Hold one second; I just have to grab something.”
The room had been filled with mirrors and as a grabbed what I needed and headed back I looked in the mirror for a second and there I saw a boy with overalls, a cap, lollipop in his hand and very chubby who had then faded. At that moment I was ready to leave. Today I don’t believe in ghost but this will be an experience I will always remember.

This was a fun experience even if i was terrified.