Elsewhere This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

The squish squash of the water bloated floor pad was the only sound in the empty hall that I walked down. Water ran between my toes and softened my bare feet. A shadow from my foot followed me on the pad only to disappear as the pad returned to it’s swollen state.

When I reached the first set of air lock doors my heart flutter with excitement like it always did when I came here. My hand wrapped around the cold metal handle and my body strained to open the doors. Familiar pressure filled my ears; experienced with this problem I jutted out my lower jaw then forced it wide open and the pressure released with a small pop.

The squish squash of the water logged floor pad became more frequent as my childish excitement hit its pinnacle. Then I came upon the second set of doors, the spinning ones, and I placed myself inside one of the sections and smiled when I felt the damp metal underneath my hands. My body strained once more as it pushed on the metal and spun into elsewhere.

In Elsewhere, I was hit with the pleasantly suffocating smell that smothered any person that entered Elsewhere. My mind took solace in this wonderfully musty, humid smell and it gave me a sense of nostalgia.

I looked at the white that encased Elsewhere in bubble and smiled. My eyes had longed to see Elsewhere just as much as my nose longed to smell it. Even my ears listened gleefully to the blatant raucous of elsewhere. People around me loudly enjoyed the main attraction of Elsewhere, the Great Blues. They moved around through the Blues, upsetting it greatly. TheBlues swayed back and forth and crashed against each other in big waves. Such a clamorous noise was music to my ears.

Once I dove into the Great Blues I was surrounded by a cool softness that my body was accustomed to. I sunk to the very bottom of the Blues and emptied my lungs and once the last bubble floated to the surface I shot up from the bottom and broke free from the Blues to refill my lungs. That’s when I began to move. I chopped through the Blues in the way I was taught; my feet kicked, my arms stroke, and my heart smiled.

Elsewhere was the only place I could call my home and the Great Blues were the only thing I could call my bed.

Alycia.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 9:39 pm:
Great job using description and vocab to create the atmosphere of the piece! I love it!

Carly_ElizabethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 6:32 pm :
Thanks for reading!

live_luv_laugh_inspireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 17 at 4:57 pm:
You used some good imagery here! You made me imagine swimming and what it must be like! That's something we start wishing we could do this time of year:)

Jan. 17 at 6:34 pm :
Haha yeah totally. Thanks for reading!

TopHatCactus said...
Jan. 15 at 6:12 pm:
I too got the feeling of science fiction, which in this specific piece was a good fit. I love how Elsewhere is the character's home, but the word seemed over used in the last two paraghraphs (also the Great Blues). Other wise it's a unique story.

Jan. 16 at 6:44 pm :
I see what you mean haha. Thanks for reading!

Zoe D. said...
Jan. 12 at 10:45 pm:
Nice! This is awesome! I'm a swimmer too, so I can totally relate

Never.ForgetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 12 at 11:27 am:
This is really good and does a great job showing your passion.   I love to swim too, but I don't get to do it too much. :-P

sunshine_dazeysThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 12 at 10:42 am:
I enjoyed the mystery of the piece-I didn't really know what it was about until the very end. If made me want to keep reading. My only criticisms would be to proofread more before you submit, and try not to use the same describing phrases more than once in a short piece. Other than that, it's a wonderful piece!

Jan. 12 at 9:08 pm :
Thanks a bunch for reading and for the feedback!

RoyalCoronaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 9 at 9:40 pm:
I quite liked this and could tell that you have a passion for swimming! That's great! I found that you incorporated your life into your story quite well and it made me smile! Great job!

Jan. 10 at 8:29 pm :
Thanks so much for reading!

ProtobluesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 2:10 pm:
That was a great piece! The writing style was reminiscent of science fiction, which I think enhanced the overall appeal of the piece. Also, the style made me look at the piece differently (with more acceptance and desire to read) than a straightforward style would have. All in all, it's a wonderful piece!

Jan. 8 at 8:15 pm :
Thanks so much for reading! I'm glad you liked it.