Name Piece | Teen Ink

Name Piece

By DanielVetter14 BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin
DanielVetter14 BRONZE, Sussex, Wisconsin

Pure and utter excitement. Rowdy no matter the circumstances. Every point counts. Crushing victory or even losing, shaking hands, picking your head up and looking forward to the ride home with your family. The game is over, loading the busses, freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors, but one thing: Volleyball players.

Congratulations to all the teams who win, those who lost, better luck next time, after all, it’s time to celebrate for those who were victorious. Taking our spots, we anticipate the cheers. Seniors begin. They lead the rollercoaster. No fans, just the players supporting one-another.

Hands up, screaming our lungs out. No school, parents, or worries, we rock the bus, chanting and jeering on our teammates. Next, bring on the freshmen, time to bring the embarrassment. It has been a tradition for seniors to call back one unfortunate freshman, in all good fun of course. Dog pile piled onto the one unlucky frosh.

Than the sad attempt, because it never works, we try bringing the coaches into it…
“Hey Shane!
“Hey what?
“Hey Shane!
“Hey what?
“I wanna see you get down!
“No way!
“I wanna see you get down!
“No.”
Laughter follows. Like a family, not a single care in the world.

The bus pulls up, our fun is only post-poned until our next game. We unload, thanks and congrats. Off the bus, time to go home, drive off. The family parts, but only for now.