Just a 10th Grade Elective | Teen Ink

Just a 10th Grade Elective

November 18, 2013
By Aura Chiriboga BRONZE, Quito, Other
Aura Chiriboga BRONZE, Quito, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

There was blood everywhere, fake blood with red and blue coloring and corn syrup. Sofia and I were getting ready for to start the filming with Andrés’ help. We were completely dressed up to start. We were missing the last scenes.

This was our final exam grade for Redacción Creativa, an elective. We had to do a short movie with any theme we wanted to. We decided to do about a group of teenagers who one night decided to go to an abandoned house and use drugs. One of them abused the drugs and started to hallucinate with clowns that he killed at certain point.

We went to transform ourselves into clowns; the only one who was not a clown was Andrés who was supposed to be hallucinating due to a drug. Alan appeared before the last scene.

Even though I was not part of this scene completely, I enjoyed recording it. It was about ten o’clock at night and my parents had already arrived to pick us up. I asked them to park the car in front of the garage door and put the lights on so that we could do this last part. In this scene, Andrés was supposed to kill Stefano by throwing him on the floor and hitting his head with a brick. We had bricks and tiles that we could use as props. So we started the recording.

Stefano appeared from the backyard while Andrés was standing against the garage door. In the scene, Stefano was mad that Andrés killed me before. We had to record this scene about five times. The first couple of times, Stefano was afraid that his head would hurt due to the tile. The moment we were recording it for the fourth time, Stefano said what he wasn’t supposed to. He had to say “Why did you kill her!”, but instead he screamed “Why did I bring you here!” The “Why did I bring you here!” it is an expression used in a sports show in which they talk about the fails in soccer matches. We couldn’t stop laughing. It was the funniest moment ever, especially because Stefano didn’t notice what he just said. He was just standing there watching us laugh, and I had to explain him what happened.

When the laughs stopped, we got back to recording the whole scene. This time, the dialogue was correctly said and the actors did what they needed to do. Andrés turned around pushed him to the floor, got the tile and smashed it on Stefano’s head. Then Sofia shouted because Andrés began following her. After the final recording, Andrés was walking behind Stefano and hit him for the last time with a tile; this time no one was expecting this to happen. There were laughs all over the place.

We all packed our things and went to my house to watch a movie and eat pizza at the middle of the night. I was still dressed as a clown. I went with my dad to go buy the pizza, so I had to go into the restaurant and order it. People within the restaurant were looking at me like something weird. I just a girl dressed as clown with my white face, very normal. Afterwards we went directly to my house to start the late movie night. We all fell asleep on the couch. I spent time with my friends, laughed, ate, watched a movie and finished a project. I never thought that by doing the final exam project for the strictest teacher at school would be so much fun. It wasn’t as serious I thought I was going to be. Rather it was one the best days I've had in my life.