Twisted Souls | Teen Ink

Twisted Souls

By EmAngster00 SILVER, Calavi, Other
EmAngster00 SILVER, Calavi, Other

""You can’t be like me
But be happy that you cant
I see pain but I don’t feel it
I am like the old Tin Man.” - Tin Man, The Avett Brothers

Satirical Monologue:

Twisted Souls!

I’ve come to realize that nothing is at it seems. Do not trust what you see because it’s all a deficiency of the ‘real picture’. Do not beleive what people tell you, don’t belive what they show ? Because truth is they’ve all got twisted souls !
Is it not just funny, how you don’t know anything about me, except maybe my name, but still you find a way to defame me ? You see me every day, you even laugh with me, I come to trust you bit by bit, and i tell you things I would not normally say- to any person. I call you a ‘friend’ because to me you are just that. When I think of you, a smile touches my lips and my heart becomes a little warmer. And yet you go around, as I later learn, spreading vile things on my behalf; spiteful and horrendous. You call me stupid, mindless, spineless, retarded; and all the while you chant praises in my face. You sure are a piece of work. You and your black, cold heart. You think you are so smart, playing this double game: Loving in my face as you slowly dissect me behind my back- piece by pice until I'm only a barely anything- as you stab me in the back with your double-edged knife. You heartless, cruel person. Have you no conscience left in you? No shame, no qualms, no regards for the trust I put in you? The truth is, you all with your twisted souls and bitter-sweet tongues- just cannot be trusted. You say "yes" but what you really mean to say is "no"; you say you love, though what you really feel is spiteful hatred.

You are all playing that game. Of lying and decieving. And you do it without so much as an ounce of shame; scorning your victims later on for being so trusting and naïve. You play that game in such a way, that even though your tactics are not always the same, the results always show: It is the Same old Game. You appear as being Godly, an angelic person. You smile your slow smile, that enraps your victims’ eyes, you candy-frsot their minds with various flavors. Chocolate, mint, vanilla, strawberry and so many more that only you really know of. You play that game your own way, with so many different rules. Manipulation is an art you just never had to learn.

From themoment you stepped out of your mother’s womb you could manipulate with your eyes closed. Turning your red, fiery heart to black. It was such an easy process wasn’t it? You think you are almighty, powerful and all; but one day you wll fall, you and your utterly despicable kingdom built on lies. You will fall and I assure you that you will not expect it in the least- when light will reveal the kind of person you truly are. You think it’s so funny: leading people on, sneering and jeering; lying and twisting. But your destruction is waiting at the nex bend in the road- one blow so vital and permanent that will put an end to your disgusting charade once and for all. Better get off your high horse because in case you didn’t realize, you’re not he only playing now. And believe me this game, can be played another way with another set of rules- to outplay your cruel interior motives.

I’ve learned the hard way, and now I am well evrsed. You killed your best friend for money; to replace hima s ruler; for a vengeance that was wreckinghavoc in your tar-black-heart; screaming to get out. You have numerous facades and you dsiplay each of them at specific times in the game. From sympathetic friend to empathic friend to do-gooder, to finally the real you: Apathetic Foe; once you’ve finally gotten what you wanted from your newest, blind and trusting pawn. Youa re painted in so many colors and shades that it’s impossible to see the real you.( If anything about you is even real of course. )Because In the end, you’ve lost your soul to the game. Betrayal is another thig you’ve mastered without ever needing help, instructions or guidance. But I will not be played with- Never again. Trusting is amistake made too often in life. Trust is a vain pursuit only for the fools who believe Outside-Images. Truth be told, you cannot be trusted. Because you do not have the ability to not betray that trust; and you enjoy doing it; you enjoy the pain and bitter realization that manifests itself in your victim’s eyes when he finally sees the truth behind your smoked façade. Betrayal is in you. I often tend to compare you to a beast because I see so much similarity in both of you. The only big difference is that a beast is an animal- devoid of any intelect and knowledge. Meaning that in the end, you are even much worse than a beast. Because you are aware of the pain you cause and yet, you enjoy the game too much to stop. You are so evil, wicked, baleful and malevolent to the core. Deprived of everything-everything to do with goodness!

When i was told to write a satirical monlogue, this was immediatley the topic i chose to develop because i was going through a period of my life where i realized that hypocrisy was what people were all about. Those who surrounded me anyways. It's sad how people can be so fake and full of plasticity and yet act like they're your best friends in the whole wide world. The sooner we realize the truth behind the masquerade, the better it will be for us.