Carefree | Teen Ink

Carefree

June 28, 2013
By Cassie15 SILVER, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
Cassie15 SILVER, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Never let the fear of striking out to keep you from playing the game


Woke up ready to go to my hometown for the week. Turned a 6 hour drive into a 10 hour drive. Once in in my hometown,I went to my favorite place. My old house. I sat there for 20 minutes just crying. Then I went to my church, prayed and once done praying I walked the grounds. There my spirit and attitude start to go away. My mind wasn't allowed to think. I just walked in utter silence. Smiling and exhaling all of the negative thoughts.Thinking of only peaceful happy thoughts. Left alone to be carefree. The next day I got to go up on the mountains. I never thought that letting go of everything would feel so good. I went to an overlook. Looking into that deep valley and knowing that at that moment I truly was home. So much that I had to let go of while there on that mountain top. My mother took photos of me being carefree. At times I thought I would cry because I allowed myself to be happy and carefree for the first time in years. I danced like nobody was watching me. I exhaled everything else negative that was left inside of me. I screamed" I AM FREE OF YOU AND I AM HOME AND HAPPY". For saying that i laughed because it felt so good. Yes it was named at someone who I deeply hate. Nonetheless I finally said it and felt amazing. I was carefree happy and me. Nobody to judge me. Nobody to be angered by. Nobody to bother me for an hour. My spirit me and mother nature all going carefree.


The author's comments:
To those who have just read this know that when you are sad go to your favorite place for a while. Forget about the world.Disconnect from the world. Let all the negative things out and be carefree and truly happy. I did this and now I have gotten closure and happiness inside and out because of the fact that I took that trip.