Dream Big | Teen Ink

Dream Big

By Hunter Reinardy SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Hunter Reinardy SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“You will never be a good enough player for the MLB.” This inspirational phrase is where I became a true baseball player. My dream of being an MLB player gets stronger every time they say that sentence or anything along its lines. A dream is not something you want to let go of. When you're young you have to want it, right now you have to believe it, and always you have to do something about it.

As a child people loved this and loved that but they are unable and too young to do anything about it. To keep holding on to that dream To keep holding on to that dream you have to want it.

To keep a dream of doing something you love to do as a living, you have to believe you can do it. Saying things like, “I can’t do it, but I guess I’ll try anyway.” will get you nowhere. Being confident does not mean be cocky. If you put others down you're also doing the same thing to yourself.

Teens like to slack. Thats the cold hard truth. To get to that goal though, you have to work. It is not going to be given to you on a silver platter. For baseball I; go to weights, hustle, and stay focused.
Love it, want it, believe it, and work at it. It sounds difficult but you have to want it. “You will never be a good enough player for the MLB.” But like Yogi Berra said, “It’s not over till it’s over...”