Boston Bombing | Teen Ink

Boston Bombing

April 21, 2013
By LayneCat SILVER, South Plainfield, New Jersey
LayneCat SILVER, South Plainfield, New Jersey
9 articles 2 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
― Oscar Wilde


Those poor souls, had so much to live for. You get ready to go run a race because you just finished practicing running for this. You get started, listening to your iPod, or just simply running with your sister, or brother. You guys talk about how you're almost to the finish line, and how much of a nice day out it is for a jog. You smile as you two start racing when you see the finish line, and you giggle and run as fast as you can and then BAM. You don't know what happened, and you see helpless faces running everywhere. You see people without limbs. You're not sure whether to help the guy next to you or try to run as fast as you can. You try to get out of there, and you can tell your parents are watching the race on the sideline, and you can't find them. You can't get in touch with them on their cell phone, so now your worried. You and your sibling get up and get out of there as fast as you can. And then you look down and see that your sibling actually doesn't have legs anymore, they were shredded to pieces by the bomb. You panic. The paramedics come over and take them into the vehicle.You're by yourself, freaking out. You run out of there, and bump into your parents who are safe and okay. You follow your brother/sister to the hospital, and realize they're paralyzed from the waste down. That was the last race they will ever be able to do.


The author's comments:
Boston bombing, and how much of a tragedy it really was.