thank you | Teen Ink

thank you

By mike20 BRONZE, Wilminton, Delaware
mike20 BRONZE, Wilminton, Delaware

The person I nominate for educator of the year is Mrs. Pisani. I chose her because she understands me. She also knows how I learn best. She slows the material down for me so I understand what she is teaching us and that helps me pass her tests.

I used to hate math, but that was because I was failing and had trouble paying attention to the lessons. She helped me dig out of a huge hole; I went from a 57 to a 83 in just two weeks. The reason I did that was because of the help she gave me. I went up almost 30 points, because she took time to re-teach the things I didn’t understand. Now that I understand what we are learning, and I know I can pass the class, I enjoy going to math every A-day.

I wish I just had put in the effort in the first semester; I wouldn’t be in the situation I am in right now. I wish I worked harder because I am missing baseball season. And I know I could have helped DMA go farther in the state tournament. It was hard to tell the head coach who was pushing to go to DMA who said that I would play for him and put DMA on the baseball map. I had to tell him that I couldn’t play because of my grades. It upset him just as much as it still upsets me. But I need good grades in order to continue my education.

When ever I need help in math, she always has the answer. She is also pretty funny and very smart. She knows how to keep me awake during class. You know you have a great teacher when you feel like you guys are friends.

I know that when I’m older, I will ask her for help. I hope that when I graduate from DMA she knows she had a huge part in helping me get to where I will be. Thank you for everything Mrs. Pisani.
Michael