Disappointment

I’m not a perfect child and never will be. I am not a straight “A” student, so don’t expect me to be. Did you ever think to ask if something was wrong? Did you ever consider how I felt about my life? I love my life, how I live it, people that are in it, but everyday you both make it harder and harder for me. I feel like a complete disappointment to you. When you saw my grades you did not say good job for trying, instead you started yelling about how bad I’m doing. Why do you think I never can talk to you? I’m afraid that if I tell you anything it will be a mistake, it seems I am just one big mistake in your eyes. What happened to live your life, make mistakes and learn from them? I’m afraid to tell you when I make mistakes because that will make me even more of a failure.

I feel so distant and invisible, you don’t even know it. Nobody is perfect and never will be so stop trying to make me perfect. Considering I will probably never be able to share this with you because I’m afraid, hopefully one day I will be able to tell you how I feel before it is too late. I’m almost at my breaking point and you don’t even know it...life is hard especially when your own parents think you are failure. There is so much I want to tell you, but I can't do that if I know you will just be disappointed no matter what.

Lit.rox This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:25 am:
here's something that might help you...i'm sure your parents never came up to you and said that you were a "disappointment".you just think so.so why don't u go to them and talk about your problems.im sure you'll be interested in something that would bring you up in life, so tell them what you like to do.i'm sure that'll make them happy and that they'll be ever ready to support u.they r worried about your grades cuz they care so much ...i know so many ppl who... (more »)

mickeypin replied...
Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:52 pm :
Actually they have told me plenty of times how I am a disappointment to them. It might be hard to believe, but it is very true. No matter how hard I try there is no way that I can make them proud and I really do try. Thanks for giving me some advice though.