Munch on Lunch | Teen Ink

Munch on Lunch

February 7, 2013
By Cassie Stumpf BRONZE, Oto, Iowa
Cassie Stumpf BRONZE, Oto, Iowa
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Bringing a homemade lunch to school is a decision one will not regret. Students who bring their lunch enjoy several advantages. Least importantly, they do not have to wait in the lunch line. Not waiting saves time, allowing you to eat sooner. This gives more time to eat and to relax a little before the bell rings. Additionally, you can pick what you eat and how much you want. For example, you can bring three peanut butter and jelly sandwiches rather than being served a limit of two by the school cooks. This also guarantees that you will enjoy your meal because you are able to choose what is packed for your lunch. More importantly is the nutrition aspect of bringing your own lunch. You are more likely to enjoy healthier and less fattening foods, such as granola bars, instead of greasy french fries as a side portion of the lunch. Therefore, this not only helps you stay fit, but it also gives you more energy throughout the day. For students participating in extra curricular activities, this is an added bonus because you will feel a step ahead of all the other players. The best part of nutritious food is that you will feel more full for a longer amount of time. As a result, you will not have to eat as much throughout the day. This will keep your calorie count low and help you feel lighter on your feet. By taking a little time out of the day to pack a meal, one will feel better and enjoy the long term benefits.