A SILLY ROMANTIC EXCERPT OUT OF MY FRIEND’S LIFE #1 This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

“So, you sure you don’t wanna come? You know I feel like I’m threatening you to come to my birthday party!” he says, gently taking my hand into his’. I close my eyes- a funny feeling spirals round in my body- as my hand engulfs the warmth of his’ on this chilly winter morning.
“Believe me, I want to. But I really need to go Wisconsin- grandma’s seriously ill.”
I hate it when I have to refuse him for anything. He’s like one of those people-like one would rather die than say no to him. Guess that’s how I ended up like this-with him-forever. He sighs. We continue walking down the road-aimlessly-swinging our hands. He finds a classmate nearby-a girl. I look away pointedly as he talks with her. I’m still not able to admit the fact that I’m extensively possessive for him. How can I not be? I mean, c’mon! You’ll approve of my possessive nature only when you’ll see him, meet him, talk to him…
After a few minutes (centuries for me) the girl goes away. My head is bowed down-I’m very quiet. He nudges me- I look up. For some unknown reason, he raises his one eyebrow. I copy him. “I’d give anything in the world to know the secret of your blush ma’am” he teases. I giggle, “Ah, I’ll save you the expense. It’s because of the winters.” “And I was under the fascinating impression that it was because of me!” he says. “Nope. Sorry!” I said, shaking my head at his cute stupidity. After roaming for about 3 hours, he drops me home. Dad’s in the garden, exercising. As we approach, he gains a skeptical look. Ego clashes between my dad and him were as common as sunrise and sunset. I really wanna invite him in but taking a risk with my dad is, well, risky. “Well, I guess I’ll see you in school tomorrow.” He says. “Mhm. Surely!” I say, softly pecking him on his cheek. Dad goes stiff. Lol.
Next day at school- I’m perched on the windowsill. With a drawing file upon my knees and earphones in my ears, I’m patiently waiting for him. In a few minutes, he turns up by my side- ruffled brown hairs, sparkling blue eyes and pleasant smile on his face. An air of carelessness hangs around him- which I so dearly love! He offers me his hand, which I gladly accept. We walk down the corridor, swinging our hands-aimlessly. Others stare at us. I feel a bit uneasy and say "Why are they all staring as if-"
"Shush" he cuts me off, "They're jealous crows." he says, trying his best at speaking gravely. Lol. Silly, ain't he? :)

madhusudanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:43 am
very very very very very niceee.... :)

Kanupriya replied...
Thank you so so so so so much...! :P :D

hypermagical said...
I'm so proud of you, hon! XD