You Knew

I will always remember the last time I looked into her eyes. Dark and cloudy with flecks of sun. But a storm was coming and you knew it. You always knew. You always knew, didn’t you Chelsea. You knew when tears were rolling down my mother’s face. You knew when the man with the white jacket came to our house. And you knew when the clear syringe went into your body and your eyes got all heavy, like tiny little fairies were pulling, pulling, pulling your eyelids down. And you knew when you saw the last glimpse of your life, of my parents softly stroking your thick, midnight fur. And you knew when the light came streaming through the windows, its tendrils quietly grabbing at the last wisps of life. Swallowing everything, everything until there is nothing left but you. And then it stops, you stop. And disappear from the world.

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:00 pm:
Aw, Jess, how sincere! This was so sad for me to read, I remember when we had to put our dog that was 18 years old down and it was the worst thing in the world. I remember just playing with her the day before. And there was no way I was going when she had to be put down. Animals are such companions. They are more faithful than most people, aren't they? The repetition was really good.. it really emphasized the concept of how Chelsea knew. A lot of times, repetition is over-done, but you ... (more »)

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 27 at 2:58 pm:
Reading it online is almost as good as reading it in class last year. It still brings tears to my eyes! Great job! See you tomorrow ;)

relaxingcryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 24 at 6:40 am:
that was very well written you were right i wasnt disappointed :)

KimKendrickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 23 at 6:25 pm:
I love the meaning behind it, and how it comes together in the end. In the beginning it seemed Chelsea was a person, and I loved how you made the transition into her being a dog.

Dreamer_This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 23 at 5:03 pm:
Thats so sweet! Its hard to let go of pets :)