Dear Mom and Dad | Teen Ink

Dear Mom and Dad

December 24, 2012
By AlwaysAntlers SILVER, Kingsport, Tennessee
AlwaysAntlers SILVER, Kingsport, Tennessee
5 articles 0 photos 72 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Don't forget - no one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories that you have to tell.”
― Charles de Lint, (from his book,The Blue Girl)


I didn't know what to get you for Christmas. I'm completely broke, so my best bet was to get or make something with sentimental value. The only problem is, I'm horrible at that kind of thing! I'm practically like a guy that way!So I decided to write you a letter.
I wish I could be the perfect daughter. I wish I could be smart enough to get good Maths grades, I wish I could be kind enough not to fight with my sisters, I wish I could be pretty enough or strong enough to walk around without makeup. I wish I could be about five bazillion other things that would make you proud.
But I'm not. I'm not smart, kind, or strong enough. I'm sarcastic, snappish, nasty, lazy, and at least fifty-two other things. Some of them I wish I wasn't, others I embrace although I shouldn't.
The thing is, though, I love you. You two are my best role models, even though I don't act it sometimes, or often even think it. I love you, I will always love you, and I know you will always love me too. We have a bond, and it's a family bond. That's the strongest bond there is.


The author's comments:
I fight my parents a lot, but I do love them. Merry Christmas!