The Orchestra | Teen Ink

The Orchestra

By Yoohyun BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Yoohyun BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

When I moved to a new neighborhood the first thing I noticed was a distracting noise that came from the school a block from me between 5-7 P.M. every Monday. This noise intrigued me to find out more about what occurred at the school during those two hours. Because of this the following Monday I walked onto a paved road which separated the campus and freedom. I would learn many things about these creatures for the two hours and during that time I separated them into groups which were the Cellosourousrex, Windraiders, and Mules.

Once I walked onto the campus I was greeted by a man that went by the name John. Before the greeting a blue plastic case that he was holding caught my eye, because the width and size of it could have easily fit a cadaver into it. Once my conversation was over I began tailing him exactly one car length behind as I wanted to see where the music was coming from. After a few turns I came upon an unlighted building. Once I entered a fading sound went into my ears. Then I finally came to a room that contained all of these people playing string instruments in a disorderly fashion. Here I observed the group carefully.

The first group was a group knew just by looking at them. They were the Mules. This group consisted of two people who played the violin. Unfortunately, they were intimidated by the other members and gave their belongings to the people that asked for them. They were neither liked by the teacher or were hated by her. However they had no musical talent as their bows and fingers were hitting the notes a few seconds before the group. But during their break time I noticed that they were really lonely as nobody except would do things with them unless they were within their group. Because only two people were in that group was very unappealing.

The second group I came up with was the Cellosourousrex. This group consisted of the bass and the cellos. The members of this group were people that shouldn’t have been messed with. They either wore a letterman’s jacket which showed which sport the played or they wore a sports tee shirt. By looking at their body physique one could tell that these guys were like miniature Arnolds. You could even tell their strength by watching them play their instruments. They would apply too much force onto the bow making the instrument give off a shrieking sound. Because of this the teacher labeled them as the challenged students, because she believed that they didn’t know anything about how music should be played.

The third group that I made out was the Windraiders. This group can be extinguished by their deceiving looks. They are the type of people that play pranks on their friends without thinking of the consequences. This can be seen when I observed them pull a chair behind their friend before their friend sat on it. This event resulted in a violin becoming totaled. They are the pranksters of the orchestra. This group mainly is composed of the brass and violas. Even though this group is full of pranksters they are very charismatic and this skill allows them to evade their punishment. Even though they are charismatic they are hated by the teacher who often labels them as distractions. This can also be seen when the Windraiders play notes in the wrong places just to annoy the teacher. Before I finished observing the Windraiders to finish my conclusion someone tapped my shoulder.

Once I got tapped on the shoulder my body went into shock, and when I saw the person who tapped me I practically fainted. The teacher had caught me, and this ended my journey. However I took home a lot of knowledge about the people in the orchestra. And that the orchestra was diverse because of the three groups which were the Cellosourousrex, Windraiders, and the Mules.