The Dangling Point | Teen Ink

The Dangling Point

By Bookworm007 GOLD, Madison, Missouri
Bookworm007 GOLD, Madison, Missouri

Practice like you are the worst. Play like you are the best.

You know that point in your life where everything is spiraling out of control and you feel like you are suffocating, desperately clinging to the last threads of normalcy left in your life? You feel like you are under water, screaming until your lungs are on fire, yet no one can hear you. You break down, for no apparent reason, just because you can’t be strong any longer. Those are the times where you want to go back and start all over. But face it. You can’t. No one can. Everyone has good days and bad. Eventually, you will see. When you grow up, you will have bigger things to think about than your crappy home life or your suckish school situation. You will have to stand up. You will have to stand up and say, “I am going to do everything in my power to make today as good as possible for myself, and everyone else around me.” When you learn to start making yourself happy, others will be happy too. When you realize that, that is when you will see how trivial those problems fifteen years ago really were. It doesn’t matter what shirt you wore, or which member of the popular crowd commented on it. It doesn’t matter that your parents criticized your every move, never giving you a break. It doesn’t matter that you didn’t have a huge group of friends, because that one friend, the one who you told everything, you are still friends with her today. The day you realize all this, that is the day you will stop wanting to go back and start over. That is the day that you will stop wanting to hit pause, or rewind and you will learn how to let life play out, scene by scene, act by act. Life has too many ups and downs to only remember the times you screwed up. After you realize this, let the movie play, and at the end, be thankful. Remember the good times, when you stood up for what you believed in, and where you made yourself happy no matter what anyone else thought. Remember the good times, for at the end of your life, they will far outweigh the bad.