Name Piece | Teen Ink

Name Piece

By Jordan Gramz BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Jordan Gramz BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

We came back to Sarah’s house, Kristine’s truck was gone. Once inside Sarah’s house, she received a text from Kristen and Madi saying that they were in her basement. Sarah, Kristine, and I decided to sprint out of the house as fast as we could. Kristen and Madi were lying and we saw them drive around the corner. Then Kendall drove up Kristine jumped in her car saying, “KENDALL GO!” Little did they know I was trying to get in the car…Kendall was oblivious to the situation and continued to keep driving. I, still trying to get in, did not make it. I went down…hard. I definitely rolled. Everyone stopped in their tracks—except Sarah…she ran towards me to see if I was alright. Well, I felt alright…sort of. I continued laughing throughout the whole incident.

I sustained a few injuries. I stubbed one toe, scraped another, I scraped my ankle, got a bruise and road rash on my knee, bruised and scraped my elbow, bruised my leg and hip, and last but not least I hit my head…which bled. After seeing I was hurt, my friends rushed me into the house. Sarah cleaned and bandaged my leg, Kristine stopped the bleeding from my head, Madi held the ice pack on my elbow, and Kendall and Kristen decided to watch...typical. And I’m still standing there laughing and making jokes.

This is who I am. I am Jordan Taylor. I’m weird, slightly awkward, and I try to just laugh things off. Even falling out of a moving vehicle made and still makes me laugh. That’s the type of person I am. I am proud of this, of who I am, and of who I can become.