When I Leave

We have known each other since fourth grade, but we have never really been close. We eat lunch together, but we do not sit next to each other. We talk sometimes, but our conversations are meaningless. She tells us stories about the crazy things that have happened to her. When she leaves we laugh at her lies even though we know it’s not right. None of us like her, but no one wants to tell her to leave because we’ve known her for so long. Instead we nod and go along with her stories.

She doesn’t know we know that she is a compulsive liar. We know, though, and we are sick of it. She will cut a conversation short to insert a lie, and then apologizes for it when she sees our blank stares. She can not give us details, then stammers and tries to come up with some. She eats off our trays, talks with her mouthful, makes inappropriate comments.

We all want her gone, but no one knows how to say it. So instead we smile and nod in her face. We laugh when she leaves.

It makes me wonder, what do people say when I leave?

aladine_98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hmm... I wonder too. What an interesting thought. And a good story. :) Keep it up!

MarissaTorres replied...
Jan. 6 at 6:39 pm :
Thanks :)