Why Best Friends are Important | Teen Ink

Why Best Friends are Important

October 13, 2012
By rema_x3 BRONZE, Milford, Massachusetts
rema_x3 BRONZE, Milford, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When I was younger, I never realized how much best friends could mean to me. I remember those days when, as all little children I would just make friends wherever I went. I would meet new kids at the local park, at the huge mall, and even at boisterous birthday parties. I remember wearing oversized hair accessories, as well as other girls my age. I would hear screaming children lively playing on the playground. I knew that even though we would play on the swings, talk about things to buy, or play at parties, I wouldn’t ever see these people again. Times have changed. Now, as a fourteen year old girl, I have realized that having best friends is really important.

I believe that true friends are the piece of artwork that completes the illustration of my life. Whenever I have a bad day, or just need somebody to talk to, I always turn to a friend. I don’t even know what I would do if it weren’t for my amazing friends that I have today. I feel as if I always need somebody to talk to and laugh with. The quote, "Best friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False friends are like leaves, found everywhere." By an unknown author, has a great meaning to me. I believe that this quote is saying that I can find untruthful friends wherever I go, even as a child, but true friends aren’t everywhere. I also think it means that even when you find a friend, to keep in mind that they are a really precious part of my life. As a child, I would find friends everywhere, but now I know that not anybody can be my good friend. There are many people that have walked in and out of my life, but only true friends will leave footprints on my heart and stay with me throughout my life’s journey. Not only are my friends always there for me, I am always there for my friends as well. No matter what the incident may be, I guide my friends to make the right decisions and help them get through all their tough times. Without friends, I think that life would be pointless. How would I survive without them? They are some of the only people that seem to understand me. So many fun memories with my friends are priceless. True friends can be very hard to find, but when they are found, it is easy to tell that they are a true friend. I can just be myself with my friends and I feel like they all know me for me.

I am so grateful to have such great and loving friends in my life today. If it weren’t for all of them, I don’t even know what I would do. Through the good times and the bad, I am glad to have them all as my best friends.