An Unfornate fall | Teen Ink

An Unfornate fall

Earlier this year in February, I fell down the stairs at my high school in Upstate New York. Hi, my name is Bruce and here is my story.

I have JRA (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis) so that’s why I use the elevator at school. Some comments were made to me about me not having JRA and why was I using the elevator. I stopped using the elevator and then the comments stopped. This was my decision and this was my fault. I took the blame for this. I have learned my lesson from this. So ever since that day, I use the elevator and I don’t care what anybody tells me.

It was an ordinary day. I was leaving class and going down to lunch. I don’t know how I tripped or anything like that. I passed out. The bell rang. Someone saw me and got help for me. The nurse was called and she brought me a wheelchair and then took me to her office. They were trying to keep me awake. All I wanted to do was sleep. I was throwing up blood.

The nurse called 9 -1 -1 and I was sent to the Emergency Room. The Doctors took X-Rays of my neck. They told me that I had fractured my neck. I was in the hospital for two and half days. It was painful.

All in all, I was in a neck brace for three months. I began going
To physical therapy for two months. What I have to there be that I had to ride a bike, and d
o pulley and pull downs for trice a week. It was uncomfortable to where it to bed at night. No matter what somebody tells you don’t do it, but your know your right. Do it anyways. That’s what I have learned.