12:03

It’s 12:03 am and I am writing these words with tired eyes and a swelling heart. My head is spinning like a top with thoughts of you: The sporadic pattern of freckles that cover your body, creating pictures like constellations in the sky. That smile of yours that I love so very much. The way your fingers always find a way to perfectly intertwine with my own. I notice every detail of you, and my brain cycles through the ever growing list when you are away; a lost effort to keep you beside me, but an effort none-the-less. My body does its best to function without yours beside it. My hands find other things to reach for: pens and paper and pillows to hold. My heart continues its irregular, melodic skips and beats, though it aches for your touch. My lips become chewed an bitten, anxious for the moment they with meet yours again; and when they do, oh, there will be sparks. Days without you are hard, and nights without you harder still, but the instant you appear next to be again will be forever worth it.