12:03 | Teen Ink

12:03

By heavyheart SILVER, Winter Haven, Florida
heavyheart SILVER, Winter Haven, Florida

"Can you understand? Someone, somewhere, can you understand me a little, love me a little? For all my despair, for all my ideals, for all that - I love life. But it is hard, and I have so much - so very much to learn."

It’s 12:03 am and I am writing these words with tired eyes and a swelling heart. My head is spinning like a top with thoughts of you: The sporadic pattern of freckles that cover your body, creating pictures like constellations in the sky. That smile of yours that I love so very much. The way your fingers always find a way to perfectly intertwine with my own. I notice every detail of you, and my brain cycles through the ever growing list when you are away; a lost effort to keep you beside me, but an effort none-the-less. My body does its best to function without yours beside it. My hands find other things to reach for: pens and paper and pillows to hold. My heart continues its irregular, melodic skips and beats, though it aches for your touch. My lips become chewed an bitten, anxious for the moment they with meet yours again; and when they do, oh, there will be sparks. Days without you are hard, and nights without you harder still, but the instant you appear next to be again will be forever worth it.

I was inspired to write this by my girlfriend. The feeling she gives me is hard to put into words but it was one of those nights that I was desperate to do so.